Sounds like a PH is needed in OH

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Sounds like a PH is needed in OH

Post by FWiedner »

Exotic Animals on the Loose in Ohio After Park Owner Found Dead

ZANESVILLE, Ohio – Dozens of animals escaped from a wild-animal preserve that houses bears, big cats and other beasts, and the owner later was found dead there, said police, who shot several of the animals and urged nearby residents to stay indoors.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/19/ex ... ound-dead/

------------------------------------

I might skip my evening walk for a few days if I lived in that neigborhood.

:o
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
stinkycat
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Sounds like a PH is needed in OH

Post by stinkycat »

Have a good friend on the zanesville pd he's with their srt and is a sniper today I bet he's a big game hunter!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Could make for an interesting evening.

:D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Quite the story. How'd you like to go outside to do something around the property and come face to face with a lion or a tiger. I'd probably have to cape my shorts.
Old Law Dawg
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

...have dart gun, will travel! But nobody called me....
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: :lol: I have family in them parts.....I gar-un-teeee that someone has a lion or tiger blanket for this winter and is dressing the dang thing out for smoking, right along with the other poached deer they already have...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

As of about 2:30 this afternoon it seems to be all over except one monkey still missing.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

For some of the guys on the local Sheriff's office this is a dream come true. And it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of them went signal 27 (lights and siren) down to the local Walmart so they could load up on slugs for the shotguns.

Seriously though, a da**ed shame all around. Can't think why someone would want to cage these animals, especially in northern Ohio other than ego, then to let 'em loose before whacking yourself.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

especially in northern Ohio
SouthEastern....Very much in the foothills to the Smokey Mtns...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Acchk! You're right, it's central east. And not too far down the road from Columbus.

Wasn't thinking, I'm in south east OH, is what I refer to as the 'buckeye triangle', at the center of Dayton, Columbus and Cinci.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

wecsoger wrote:Acchk! You're right, it's central east. And not too far down the road from Columbus.

Wasn't thinking, I'm in south east OH, is what I refer to as the 'buckeye triangle', at the center of Dayton, Columbus and Cinci.
Hocking Hills and Old Man's Cave and all.....I lived in Columbus until I joined the Army in '72....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

I am simply shocked that 86'er wasn't by happenstance in that exact area and ended up shooting a world record exotic whatever with a hand gun. That is only thing that surprises me. Guy was born at end of rainbow in a patch of four leafed clover, with a horseshoe up his you know what.

Sorry, just plum full of envy.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thought it sounded like fun at first.
A Safari in Ohio.

But,
After seeing the photos of the bodies stacked up I got really angry with
the AH that turned these animals loose.

Didn't have to happen.
I completely understand why they had to be shot
but I cannot forgive the AH for letting them go.
He knew what would happen.

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The way they piled up the collection of carcasses for the photos was pretty graceless, but what else were they going to do?

I can't think of a good excuse for setting wild animals loose in a community. I'd be interested in knowing what was on the guy's mind, but only because I have that kind of morbid curiosity.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Well at least, unlike the grizzly episode we discussed not long ago, PEOPLE came first this time.

You'd think a problem or two might have occured with handguns they ( I read) used on some of those animals.

Don
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

FWiedner wrote:The way they piled up the collection of carcasses for the photos was pretty graceless, but what else were they going to do?

I can't think of a good excuse for setting wild animals loose in a community. I'd be interested in knowing what was on the guy's mind, but only because I have that kind of morbid curiosity.

:|
FWiedner,

I think "what was on his mind" was: "To H...with everybody." I feel sorry for him, his wife and the animals. The main thing is no one was hurt or killed by some of those animals. Anytime you want to hear crazy news--you don't have to hang around very long.

Don
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote: After seeing the photos of the bodies stacked up I got really angry with
the AH that turned these animals loose.

Didn't have to happen.
I completely understand why they had to be shot
but I cannot forgive the AH for letting them go.
He knew what would happen.

jb
+ a trillion. My daughter was in tears when she saw the pictures. I was furious. Y2K was ready to hunt down the *** until I told him the coward killed himself. His only response was "GOOD!".

What a needless waste. 18 Bengals gone. :evil: :evil: :evil: That basturd deserved to die slow and painfully. I don't blame local LEO's at all; they were protecting the public. All this accomplished was to destroy very rare and beautiful animals without cause, and will hurt others who keep exotic animals for breeding, hunting, protection, or other lawful purposes. The "anti" crowd is already all over themselves attacking anyone and everyone who keeps exotic animals.
azzhandler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azzhandler »

I dont see much difference in what this guy did, and what our government has done with wolves in certain parts of the country.