Android question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Android question

Post by Rusty »

I just got this Android phone from Verizon a month or so ago and it's a learning experience to be sure. I've also had to have 2 service calls in the last month. Both times our 800 number routed me to ladies running the computers in the Philippines. Both times they have asked me for my latitude and longitude. I don't have a stand alone GPS all I have is what's in the phone. I was wondering if anyone might know how to pull lat and long out of the phone? Do I need a special app. for that?

I'm just thinking that if I had those numbers it might cut down on the location finding for them when they're 1/2 way around the world.

Thanks,
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Android question

Post by JReed »

I haven't looked for one my self but there are a ton of GPS Apps out there that will do it.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Remind Them that They r the smart Ones , "find U".
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

The droid phone does have built in GPS and magnetometer. However, the only time that I see the lat/long is when first entering the free app "compass". There must be ways to make the coordinates display, but you may just have to play with the apps to find it.
Have fun.

Or, go into a a verizon store and they can show you.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rusty wrote:I just got this Android phone from Verizon a month or so ago and it's a learning experience to be sure. I've also had to have 2 service calls in the last month. Both times our 800 number routed me to ladies running the computers in the Philippines. Both times they have asked me for my latitude and longitude. I don't have a stand alone GPS all I have is what's in the phone. I was wondering if anyone might know how to pull lat and long out of the phone? Do I need a special app. for that?
I'm just thinking that if I had those numbers it might cut down on the location finding for them when they're 1/2 way around the world.
Thanks,
One of things I like about Sprint... I just ask for a supervisor, usually get transferred back to the States and talk to someone that understand my peculiar form of English.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

GPS Test works fine on my Motorola Defy
It's a freebie from Chartcross.co.uk.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

No Griff it's not the phone people who are overseas, it's my company. We have an 800 number we call for any breakdowns while we're out on the road. Sorry I didn't mean to mislead.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.