OT - One lucky Frenchman

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

OT - One lucky Frenchman

Post by perry owens »

Has his hi-viz vest on so he's obviously very safety conscious.
http://www.buzzmoica.fr/video/l-abruti- ... usil-29714
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
piller
Posting leader...

Re: OT - One lucky Frenchman

Post by piller »

Maybe not safety conscious enough. He almost kicked the bucket there. Never look into the muzzle when there might be a round in the chamber.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Ouch! :shock: Do you think that was real? I would think that that dude would have been more concerned with his eyeballs than the blast to his forehead. Seems like not enough blast and his hat almost gets pulled off. Hmmmmm.......have to watch again.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:o :shock:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Total fake video! He fired twice. Then he trys to shoot twice more. You can hear him pump the gun twice and click on empty and then set the rifle down and peek down the bore. The action hasnt been worked again, NOR has the trigger been tripped by hand. If that isnt a fake video, them honduni has come back to life!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

It's a pump shotgun and he got two misfires right? The last one he looked down the barrel only to learn something about hang fires!

Why do some of you think this is fake? What am I missing??

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I looks contrived. With the supposed hangfire, there's no smoke as with the first two shots, and the blast of high power rifle point blank in the eyes......I don't think he would even be standing, and would have been more worried about his eyes than the bridge of his nose, if that was a real blast. The hat could have easily been zinged off with a piece of fishing line. It's possible that it's real, but some things just don't add up.
PS: And the most telling fact: he's French and doesn't flinch on his last two shots. :wink: :mrgreen:
Last edited by C. Cash on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Olinaz. Watch the video several times more. It took me a bunch of times before I caught on.. Again, twice he works the action and fires at bottels. Then he twice more works the action and only gets a "click". As he works the action those last two times, NO shell fired or unfired comes out! Notice the fireing pin also has been released because we heard it click. The action HAS NOT been pumped again before he looks down the barrel. That means the fireing pin HAS NOT been recocked! Any shell had two times failed to be pumped out if stuck. Probley next to impossible. On top of all that what normal person would target practice at bottels with a shotgun at 10 to 15 feet? What possible action fired the shotgun when he set it down to look at it? His finger never was on the trigger, any shell fired or unfired should have been pumped out with two trys, the fireing pin wasnt recocked, the video is total bogus BS for whatever reason. Probley for bad PR for gun lovers and hunters. You could stage the same thing by stopping and starting a camera, useing a shell with the lead shot removed, putting in the fixed shell, haveing shot the brim of the hat before hand and haveing a buddy with a bamboo pole and fishing line pop your hat off at the same time as the staged accidental shot. Besides I noticed a interupted blur just before the shotgun went off when the film was pieced together just a micro secound before the accidental round went off. Took another bunch of views to see that too.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

By the way, I first seen this video I think, on the S&W site a couple days ago. It showed his cap with a hole through the visor after what was showed on this video. Now just who is going to make a video to show someone fireing with a shotgun at bottels at 10 feet? Uhhh, Him hero! As my dad would say.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I really think that frenchman is trying to get people to feel sorry for him so he can go out and buy some snails to roast and spread on his toast. :D Thats what they get for not letting us fly over their snail infested land.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Sixgun wrote:I really think that frenchman is trying to get people to feel sorry for him so he can go out and buy some snails to roast and spread on his toast. :D Thats what they get for not letting us fly over their snail infested land.
Jack,
I have french heritage and when they would not let our planes fly over french airspace when they but the bomb on Kadhafi's door step a decade or more ago, I disowned them. The only French peope that I would give a nickel for are those who live in Normandy and are still grateful for what the American GIs did there in WW2.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

He re-cocks the gun twice before looking down the barrel, and you want to believe that he had both a hangfire and a stuck live round in the chamber at the same time and he didn't blow his head off when it discharged. The hat zips off into space and there is no smoke like there was with the first two shots. It's BS, big time.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Darn I thought I would get at least one chuckle on my french flinch comment........tough crowd! Try the veal, I'll be here till Thursday...... :wink: :mrgreen:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've seen a pump racked several times, appeared to be empty, and then fired. Bottom line, you NEVER look down the business end of any firearm unless you personally have inspected the chamber, know it to be empty, and have made sure the gun is empty.

Perry, I love you tag line there! :D
1894c

Post by 1894c »

ouch--I mean ouch--wow--:(
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

First thing that tipped me off is that the camera operator just continued to roll the "film" instead of dropping the camera and providing assistance.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

claybob86 wrote:First thing that tipped me off is that the camera operator just continued to roll the "film" instead of dropping the camera and providing assistance.
Which is what tipped me off to the thought that the camera is on a tripod...

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Tripod? Oh. :oops: I guess the slow zoom-out had me thinkin there was an accomplice behind the camera, but that could be done in the computer after the fact.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Man, this thread has taught me a lot about observation and testimonys from witness`s! At first it looked plausable. Then I must have watched it another 20 times since and read others observations. Lets see:
1. No smoke on the third shot like on the first two.
2. The action is cycled twice and misfired twice.
3. The gun go`s off without being recocked and no finger on the trigger.
4. If a buddy was filming it, he had nerves of steel to not lay the camera down and try to assist?
5. If the above wasnt true, why would the shooter have a tripod to witness his marksmanship at 15 feet?
6. I would think at the angle of the shot it should have at least blew his nose off!
7. Come on! A shell stays in the chamber after the action is worked twice?
8. A hangfire that is about 15 secounds long?
These people must have a agenda against guns! I probley missed some other facts, anyone have more?
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I think it's staged. Like some kind of hunter-safety training video or something.

Personally, I think the guys head would resemble a canoe more than a bruised melon after this particular negligent-discharge.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.