An apology for many of you on here and others not

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

An apology for many of you on here and others not

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,
I have been thinking about that conversation back about hunting tactics some use and some don't.
I have thought about it a lot and when things go down wrong,they need to be set right.
First,let me say I went over the top with poor 6pt(that's not the me that is normally me)
I don't know why the heck I went off like that? For that I apologize especially to 6pt but also all of you.

I have no right whatsoever to dictate to any of you guys whats right. I have no right shelling out all my stuff without really listening and actually thinking before running off my mouth(well,keyboard)
Many of you guys know much more about guns/hunting than I do.
I am sure many of you guys were also might have been brought up having memories hunting with a loved one who maybe even taught you a certain favored method of hunting just as I have been taught.
But let me be clear,just because I was taught one way,it doesn't mean its the only way.
I have honestly learned vast knowledge on here about gun things and life things in general.
I think a lot of you guys and it is wrong to bite the hand that feeds ya.
So, with that said-------------I apologize (to you guys/and all guys hunting)and let's be thankful we all can hunt and share all our knowledge freely.
God Bless!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: An apology for many of you on here and others not

Post by Old Savage »

Did not see what it was that is the issue here but there are a lot of strongly held differing views on this sort of thing. Not surprising that it would bring up views and emotions that spill out.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It is one thing to have a strongly held view and to express it and another to be abusive or to express that view inappropriately. I don't remember editing any comments in that topic. However, this seems much more in keeping with your usual behavior! :wink: May God keep you well.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Madman4570,

The biggest men stand up when they need to. I don't know the details here but I'd say you just stood up. I am sure you are welcome at everyones fire. You certainly are welcome at mine. Victor
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

madman4570 wrote:Guys,
........ let's be thankful we all can hunt and share all our knowledge freely. .......
I think that's the most important thing.

And now I have to find the thread you're talking about and actually read it.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

This is a prime example of why this is the only forum I truly frequent. I'm proud to know you all. Even though, of course, I don't really know hardly any of you. :lol:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

mod71alaska wrote:Madman4570,

The biggest men stand up when they need to. I don't know the details here but I'd say you just stood up. I am sure you are welcome at everyones fire. You certainly are welcome at mine. Victor
I second that. Gamekeeper.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

No worries Madman

everyone on here likely has a "hot button" topic or two we are passionate about.

You and 6 pt definitely had a little war of words going --- but as said in the thread somewhere --- i would bet if we could organize a huge range day/ levergun shoot ---- we would all have a grand time in person.
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A disagreement is no reason to apologize.....I noticed some strong disagreement, but, IMO, no disrespect.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote: For that I apologize especially to 6pt but also all of you.
Accepted !

But certainly not needed !

Also apologies for any shots I may have made about ones ability to use a PC !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Madman, We are cool here, Bro. Appreciate this post. Like I said in the aforementioned thread, it can be difficult to have a true conversation in this format. If we were all face to face, sitting around a fire, I am sure the conversation would have gone much smoother. I know that I type slower than anything and usually say a lot less than what I want due to this.

Thanks, Kevin

Added on edit; I should also say like many others have. This is a good bunch on here and this is one of the few forums I visit. This is another example why.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

6pt-sika wrote:
madman4570 wrote: For that I apologize especially to 6pt but also all of you.
Accepted !

But certainly not needed !

Also apologies for any shots I may have made about ones ability to use a PC !

6pt,
Truth is,you are dead on "right" with my PC ability! :lol: :oops: :D

This forum is too good for me! :wink:
Thanks guys!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:A disagreement is no reason to apologize.....I noticed some strong disagreement, but, IMO, no disrespect.
There's been lots of stuff various forum members have very differing opinions about, whether leverguns, 'OT' gun/outdoor stuff, or political, but generally I think we all RESPECT each other's views, even if we disagree with them on some particulars. Pretty much like a good family - siblings root for different teams, go into different occupations, and may not vote the same, but when it gets down to core values they spring from the same mold.

I don't think I've EVER seen anyone posting on this forum who I wouldn't be glad to work with, live next to, or find out my kid is dating their kid. For that matter, none on this forum who I wouldn't gladly accept as president of the United States. No other forum, gun or otherwise, I'd say that about.
Twodot wrote:And now I have to find the thread you're talking about and actually read it.
:lol: :lol: when you find it, post the link . . . :wink: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
win7094M1
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win7094M1 »

This thread, gentlemen, is an example of why this is the best firearms forum on the 'net!
Winchester M94 30-30 (1980)
Winchester M70 Westerner 30-06 (1982)
Winchester M1 Garand (1942)
Too many others to list - hope to add more levers soon.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Classy post! Didn't see the dust up, but it was first class of you to say what you did.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

No harm, no foul! Its just a website and we are all entitled to our own opinions. The only reason I get irritated when people try to force their own opinion or morales on others, is it reminds me of the FEDERAL GOVT (minus the morales). Personally, I say to each his own, do what your concience allows provided it is neither immorale or illegal.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Madman,

Well done my friend. Your true character has now shown through and this forum is a better place. Much like our previous communication. I am blessed to call you, and many here, my friend, whether we have met or not.

mike
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

win7094M1 wrote:This thread, gentlemen, is an example of why this is the best firearms forum on the 'net!
Yep 8)
Phil
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Madman, I didn't see what happened either but it just makes me see once more the high level of character of the people on this forum.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong and I don't know about everyone else here but all my pencils have erasers.

Happy Trails and God Bless.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I knew we were a class act! :D
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I had read that post, many pages!
even commented on it, there WERE some "strongly" held opinions and in my opinion some insulting ones, not necessarily by Madman though. Frankly, I forgot about it already, but I give you credit for recognizing that the whole thread was over the top. It's all good! :wink: