POLITICS - the latest from the Brady Bunch

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

POLITICS - the latest from the Brady Bunch

Post by jnyork »

Here's something to chew on :x

The gun control issue is on the move, and the politicians want in."
- Chicago Sun Times, February 11, 2008

Dear Jerry,

This is truly the year for your Brady Campaign and for common sense gun laws.

First, Congress passed, and the President signed, the NICS bill to strengthen the Brady criminal background check system. Your support made it happen.

Then, a number of Congressional allies stepped up and introduced additional legislation. Common sense gun laws, like closing the gun show loophole.

Your Brady Campaign is on a roll. We need your support today to pass strong gun laws!

On January 29, Senators Lautenberg (NJ) and Reed (RI) introduced gun show legislation to keep criminals and other dangerous persons from buying and selling guns without a background check. Brady President Paul Helmke and Virginia Tech families and victims joined the Senators at their widely covered press conference.

And now, The New York Times has called for the presidential candidates to “demand an end to unlicensed gun shows and demand that Congress show courage.â€
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

With bigots and morons, the facts only confuse them.
Last edited by Blaine on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote:With bigots and morons, the fact only confuse them.
+1
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

+2
Blaster
Levergunner

We Need Meat Cleaver Control.

Post by Blaster »

What we need is "meat cleaver control". Today a Doctor was hacked to death with a meat cleaver by one of her patients.

We also need sensable "foot stool control laws". Last year my 77 year old Uncle was beat to death with a foot stool by his neighbor. We also need sensable "fist control laws". He also beat to death the 68 year old lady next door. He used his bear hands. Both victims were unrecognizable and had to have closed-coffin funerals. His motive was that he just lost his job, lost his girlfriend and was on drugs. We need more drug laws. Surely that will win the "war on drugs". We also need more immigration laws. That will solve all of our illegal alien problems. And by the way, why don't we have sensable "box-cutter control laws". Afterall, that's the weapons that were used on 9-11-2001 to gain control of the 4 airplanes used on that sad day.

Call your Senators and Representatives today and demand that they pass sensable meat cleaver, foot stool, box cutter and fist control laws. Do it for the children.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I put forth that American citizens can only be trusted with things that are
made out the same stuff as the "nerf" football. :shock:

We would be much more controllable then :?
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

If cowards are afraid of machines and tools they don't need to own them - no one is forcing them to. I wish these little scum-suckers would leave us men alone though.

Brady's right - it's time to strengthen gun laws. I suggest replacing all current laws with one simple strong one - and affirmation that the Second Amendment is there to restrict government - at all levels - from infringing on the individual's inherent right to own a firearm for any reason they (the individual) deems.

Freakin' morons!!! :evil:

Oh - and if Obama or Hillary gets elected, the first time one of these school shootings ocurs, you better start burying your guns boys, because they will use this as an excuse - with a pliant Congress - to ban them! McCain might not be much better - but I'd rather go with a 5% chance than NO CHANCE AT ALL!
Teek
Levergunner

Post by Teek »

I have a bad habit of taking these things and rebutting them line by line....sorry to preach to the choir, but...It's a compulsion...I can't help it!

Keep criminals and other dangerous persons from buying and selling guns without a background check: o.k. call me strange, but I've only bought ONE gun off paper at a gun show. It was out of state, too, meaning I couldn't have bought it through a dealer at the show and walk out with it. The evil weapon I transported across state lines? A Winchester 30-30! Oh, the humanity! I've bought several guns at shows and all but the above were purchased on paper....including the background check.

Microstamping: um...expensive...too much to get into, but California Attorney General's office even said it won't work...and they REALLY wanted it to work! Nice theory, but I don't see it being practical. Complete retooling of ALL commercial ammo manufacturers. The microstamping in the chambers won't work either. Ever heard of a cylinder or barrel replacement?

The gun lobby proposing legislation to allow unloaded, hidden handguns in our national parks? Would you prefer to have loaded, UNHIDDEN handguns in our national parks? I would. This law makes sense. People carry guns in their vehicles while traveling for protection. If they go to a national park, where are they going to keep their guns? UNLOADED and in plain sight? Hell, no! So, loaded handguns are still not allowed under the proposal, but simply lifting the prohibition on carrying a handgun in a federal park.

The death toll examples: every single one of those places prohibited firearms on premises...including yesterday's shooting at Northern Illinois University. "Common sense gun laws" would NOT have prevented any of these tragedies...nor DID they!

Again, sorry for the ramble....and if anything I mentioned had an erring fact or two, I wanna know about it, because I want to be as accurate as I can with this..

Teek
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Teek wrote:
Microstamping: um...expensive...too much to get into, but California Attorney General's office even said it won't work...and they REALLY wanted it to work! Nice theory, but I don't see it being practical. Complete retooling of ALL commercial ammo manufacturers. The microstamping in the chambers won't work either. Ever heard of a cylinder or barrel replacement?

Teek
I like to think about how criminals get around laws.

Couldn't you just use a tiny bore honing gadget for maybe a trimmer motor to
render the micro-stamping unreadable?

Not sure if they make em that small, but the only bad effect would be overly expanded
brass. Last I checked, not many criminals reloaded :shock:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.