Chiappa 92 44-40 SRC almost new

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
trooper joe
Levergunner 2.0

Chiappa 92 44-40 SRC almost new

Post by trooper joe »

Hi gang,

Haven't posted for a while, been buying a lot of 1911s etc.

Found a beautiful, Chiappa (for Cimarron) 44-40 SRC today, used, for $859. Doesn't appear to have a mark on it other than very slight marks from the saddle ring on the case hardened receiver. Very smooth action, no "Rosi/Puma" style safety on top of the slide. I think these are made in Italy.

Has a standard lever, not the large loop type.

What do you think? Should I grab it.

Does anyone know what these cost new?

Thanks for any info,
Trooper Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Chiappa 92 44-40 SRC almost new

Post by J Miller »

Cimarron's web site shows a MSRP of: $1160.60 for that model.
http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Repeat ... 2Model.htm#
So the price of the one you found doesn't sound too bad in comparison.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
trooper joe
Levergunner 2.0

Post by trooper joe »

Well, I did a lot of research last night and pretty much decided I wanted this rifle. Called Texas Jack this morning since the gun was made for Cimarron FA Co in Fredericksburg.
He said this is one of the best model 92 clones on the market and I have to agree with him. It has excellent workmanship, sae screws and not metric, very smooth action, etc.
So I decided to buy it and got another 10 percent off of the $860 price (got it for $764).
I am traveling, so I took the picture off of Chiappa’s web site. My gun is exactly like this.
Let me know what you think.

Trooper Joe
Martini450
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Martini450 »

Congratulations on the new rifle Joe. I have a Taylor's/Chiappa '92 rifle (24" barrel), and like you said, it's beatiful with a very smooth action. Mine's also a 44wcf; it's one of my favorite calibres. You got an outstanding deal, by the way. Enjoy your new toy!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

IIRC, I've read here at leverguns that the internals on the Chiappa are not supposed to be the same as the originals Winchester 92's. Can't remember what the differences are though.