OT: Got a new orange toy...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Got a new orange toy...

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, I'm moving to Mississippi next spring - to the land that we purchased there. We're working on getting our current house sold - plenty of buyers, but finding one qualified for the financing seems to be the trick - be we think we're almost there.

In the mean time, one of the things on the move list was getting a tractor - gonna need a tractor for many things - mowing, moving some dirt, grating the drive, etc., so I started researching. Wanted to buy a good used rig but what I found was that they really do hold their value! And none of the used ones had zero %, 60 month financing...

Well, I looked at various brands of new and discovered that (surprisingly) Kubota had the best value for what you get - not to mention their rep is very good. So, that's what I decided on.

It's currently waiting at my buddy's place there - here's a pic he shot with his i-phone just after delivery:

Kub 3200, 4x4, hydrostatic drive - bucket and bush hog. That'll do to get me started. Can't wait to get back up there in a few weeks and do some mowing - my bud's going to come over with his tractor too (he's got a similar one - Kioti 35 horse 4x4 hydro) - gonna give all of the trails a good mowing - it just rained buckets up there compliments of Lee (thank you Lord) and so the brush will be tall...

Not as cool as CRS's "new" green and yellow rig (which I really like!!) but its custom made for what I need to work my hilly place. :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Got a new orange toy...

Post by BigSky56 »

Tractors are like PU trucks you gotta have one, good for field prep and haying if you have alot of roots and rocks in your field find a old 2 bottom disc plow it will ride right up and over them without put you up on top the hood. danny
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

It ain`t green and yeller but it will do. :P
Naw, nice tractor. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Bis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bis »

Could not live without my tractor, not very big, only 30 horse but it got a bucket and is 4x4 and it is green but I love it.
when your enemy is within range so are you
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Somebody else recommended an add-on tooth bar for the bucket - looks very handy to have - allows you to pick things like logs up = I'm going to have my pines "thinned" - take out about 1/3 of them this winter (hoping the lumber prices go up..) This will be the final thinning - they are 19 years old. But they always leave stuff laying around that I'll want to move most likely.

I plan on getting a box blade to use on the gravel driveway and a disk for the food plots and garden. I've been thinking of clearing 10 acres for a small truck farm or even to grow tobacco... looking into that. I probably won't have time to do that justice though.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

You're going to love it. :wink:
NRA life member
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

bmtshooter wrote:You're going to love it. :wink:
I know I love mine. I can't think how I'd get anything done around my little spread without it.
Old Law Dawg
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have a JD a little larger then yours also 4x4 with a bucket and a bush hog behind !

But my maternal grandfather had one the same size as yours also 4x4 with a belly mower and a leaf vacume that was very nice to use and drive !

Our lawn mower here is a Kubota and it does okay although I am not a fan of small mowers ! One the size of yours would suit me more !

Have a friend that has a similar setup to yours and I've used his to help him out around his house a few times when he was down !

Congrats I am sure you will be pleased !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
tattoo13
Levergunner 1.0

Post by tattoo13 »

I run a Service Department for a Kubota Dealer, if you have any questions or need anything drop me a line.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Beauty! A friend of mine over at Anna bought one just like yours this spring for his horse farm and he loves it.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

tattoo13 wrote:I run a Service Department for a Kubota Dealer, if you have any questions or need anything drop me a line.
Thanks guys - and thanks tattoo - I'll keep that in mind!

Fortunately, there's a dealership (where I boutht this) and service center only 10 miles away. But it's nice to know I have somebody here that I can get advice from :)
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Not as cool as CRS's "new" green and yellow rig (which I really like!!) but its custom made for what I need to work my hilly place.
Cool is relative, and particularly, relative to YOUR needs. For me, I almost got the 'next size up' when I got my tractor, but several times I've barely been able to maneuver it on a trail or between a pole-barn and a fence or whatever, so I'm glad I got the smaller one.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Other than the color Green (I like Orange) :mrgreen:

Very Nice! Congrats
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Nice tractor. What area are you moving too?