Anybody got any empty bullet boxes you'd share

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Anybody got any empty bullet boxes you'd share

Post by fordwannabe »

Hi all, trying to organize my reloading room(whew that's a job) and since I cast a BUNCH of my own boolits I have a Need for some containers for them.....Well empty plastic sierra,speer, boxes look like they would hold boolits very well(who woulda thought). Now the big question is anybody got any they would be willing to get rid of for cheap? Thanks Guys. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Anybody got any empty bullet boxes you'd share

Post by Steelbanger »

I use coffee cans for cast bullet storage. I write the bullet information in senior citizen size type so I can read it from across the room. Those with black lids get a strip of masking tape to write on.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Boxes? We don't got no stinkin boxes! :) Sorry, I throw mine away when empty, never thought of keeping them. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Tom,

I find that the foam trays from 40S&W ammo boxes are just right for holding .44 cal bullets.

Jack
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Coffee cans (love the plastic ones) for brass and bullets here, too.

That, or stackable heavy plastic bins.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I've been rather happy with the cheapo plastic tubs you pick up at the grocery store (wish they were just a bit stouter). You can see the bullets inside them and they are nicely stackable. A good variety of sizes and the see-through is a big help with my disorganized storage "system"!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yes, storage bins made of the containers for things you already consume IS the ultimate "green" recycling.

Dirty range brass to be cleaned is stored in range bags made of the lower legs of levis that have had the knees worn out to the point of "well I can't wear these for formal wear any longer"! :shock:

Clean brass & even new still bagged brass waiting to be loaded is kept in used plastic ice cream containers of various sizes, mostly the 2-½ gal size. (Here in North Texas, mud daubers and wasps are always looking for some hole to build their nest in... I don't like 'em in my brass or shotshells. Found out they make for seriously time consuming, not to mention, tedious cleaning out your .30-30s!)

Cast bullets are kept in the older 1-lb powder cans that were made of cardboard with the tops cut off. Dumped directly in out of the mold. I don't store mine sized and lubed, I wait on that until I decide whether I'm going to load BP or smokeless rounds.

Once that decision is made and gets done, they go into Dillon's little blue bins to set next to the reloader, whether they're pistol bullets loaded on one of the Dillons or they're rifle rounds getting loaded on one of the single stage presses I have.

Discarded bullets found in the size/lube process get tossed directly back in the casting pot. Discarded brass, from finding splits or crushed mouths or reloading foopahs :o and used primers get dumped in the appropriate coffee container... ("clean" brass is worth more than "dirty" brass at the recycling center!) And hey, a few dollars off my lead price is better than a poke in the eye.

I'm sure that we all have somewhat differing habits regarding our reloading. Some dictated by the volume, some just from "that's the way I was taught", to "this way works best for me"! None are wrong, as long as it produces safe, reliable ammo.

Ooops, sorry to get off on a tangent.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

I use "Business Card" boxes from the stationery store. Xpedx, http://www.xpedx.com/ The link is posted for the store locator.

These come in 100, 200 and 300 card sizes, the vary only in length so they stack well. A 200 size holds about 300 .38 bullets.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I buy them from Midway. They are not very expensive.
http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseP ... 9315***683***
:wink:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I use the heavy duty freezer type zip lock bags. The kind with the zipper. Works good and when they get all ragged I toss 'em out.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Tom,
Home Depot--plastic bins or the unit that hold about 12 trays---cheap---------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

+1 for coffee cans. Metal or plastic both work great. The plastic trays like Sixgun uses are very handy also. They make wall mounts for those trays too. There are a lot of options that may be easier than finding empty bullet boxes, and you may find something that works better also.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. I keep bulk cast boolits in either 30 cal or 50 cal military ammo cans in the shed where I do my casting, but I like to have some in the house where I can grab them at a moments notice. I also do a bit of trading with others on the castboolits site ,and when they come in a bag, that just doesn't stack, so i was looking for the boxes. I think the midway link hit the spot. Thank you all for the responses. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I saw a buddy's system of using peanut butter containers. They are clear, plastic, stack-able and made a very attractive shelf in that all the brass and bullets were shiny through the side of the jars. Screw on lids kept everything dust free.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
rond
Levergunner

Post by rond »

I also use plastic jars, label with masking tape and a sharpie.