18 ft 4 " Crocodile - WOW !!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

18 ft 4 " Crocodile - WOW !!!!

Post by Jacko »

Evening folks, of late I've been watching a show called Swamp People, deals with a colourfull collection of folks in the South of the USA that are fishing for Alligators using hooks baited with rotten chook. This afternoon I was reading a local newspaper that featured a picture of a 5.5 metre / 18 feet 4 inch Saltwater Crocodile "Brutus" that tour guides on the Adelaide River have been feeding - http://www.news.com.au/travel/australia ... 6092924868 - Somehow I don't think you'd have much luck hanging onto this bloke if you hooked him ????

A few years back I took my family to Australia Zoo and the Kids and I where sitting down too Lunch watching as Steve Irwin was feeding the 2nd biggest Croc in the Zoo, "Acco" as in a brand of Truck. As we sat on a ground level bench behind the fence that seperated the enclosure from the public, 6 feet from us Acco the 16ft Croc came charging out of the water onto the bank and with a very violent loud crack snapped down on a piece of wild pig he was being feed with. The force of his Jaws was so fierce as well as the noise we felt the draft generated by his Jaws closing - truely sobering !!!!!

regards Jacko
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Re: 18 ft 4 " Crocodile - WOW !!!!

Post by Jacko »

Was looking through some related links and found this one with Brutus out of the water

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/brutus-pi ... 6094943353

regards Jacko
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

Awesome!
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Now that's one big lizard.
Old Law Dawg
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Thats a big ole boy aint it.

I just want to know who stuck their finger in his butt to see if its a boy or a girl. :shock:
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

There a tough breed up in the Territory mate. Not a challenge for em, they do run into strife if they loose the rubber glove though !!!

The Girls don't grow that Big, 10 ft or so pulls them up I understand. I've seen a taxidermied 18 foot Croc, just remarkable. It's not so much the length but the Girth and shear mass the buggers put on when they get beyond 15 feet long. And to think according to the guide, this bloke is No 2 on the block ????

regards Jacko
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

He's a biggun! Army had a pet croc at the Jungle Operations Training Center in Panama that was well over 15 ft. back in the day. Not sure what happened to that old guy but when they fed him chickens it was impressive for sure!

Given how close we live with our Gators in the U.S. we're fortunate that they're not as aggressive as your crocs in Oz. :?

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright