OT - I guess she was in a hurry

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - I guess she was in a hurry

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, I've heard of people doing this before, but this was the first time I've actually seen it! :lol:

After laughing a bunch, I pulled up beside the driver to try to let the person know about their "extra passenger". This was in Atlanta on highway 85 north. The driver was yapping on the phone; oblivious to everything around her including me honking my horn to try to get her attention. This went on for a full minute. She finally hung up, and looked over. I waived to her and point to her car. She pulled over, so I did as well.

I started walking back to her car and she jumped out, almost crying "did I hit you?". I said "no" and pointed to her car, then gave her the "following me" finger crunch. We walked to the offside of the car and she saw her little hitchhiker. Now she did start crying (she had to be in her 40's :roll: ), asking what she should do. I told her if it was me, I'd go back to the gas station, return their pump, and ask what it was going to cost. I helped her get it in the car, but suspect she may have just waited for me to pull away before leaving her unwanted straggler behind!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - I guess she was in a hurry

Post by pokey »

a fella at work did that TWICE. :roll:
to the pumps in our yard.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: The driver was yapping on the phone; oblivious to everything around her including me honking my horn to try to get her attention.
The underlined words pretty much explain the situation; I see it every day... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jeff H
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jeff H »

Ysabel Kid wrote:.....but suspect she may have just waited for me to pull away before leaving her unwanted straggler behind!
There're cameras everywhere, pointed at everything - especially at gas stations. :shock:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Oh yea, she's busted. Unless it's one of those fly by nite outfits... security cams everywhere!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now thats funny right there....real funny...

What is it with women and talking on the cell phone?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

:lol: :lol: :lol: A great metaphor for both the hurry and shallowness of our current society.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Where I drive, I see lots of people on cell phones yapping and sitting in an unguided vehicle.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Fiddler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fiddler »

Say YK, how did you obliterate the license tag number in the photo? The reason I ask is because there are several photos I'd like to post online but they have personal info on them that I'd rather not have get out.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Let's see, a female in a BMW "SUV" talking on the phone and she WASN'T paying attention to the world around her?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you... :roll: :lol:

If I hadn't spent 6+ years driving around those types daily I'd chalk that up to a special kind of dumb. Since I did spend that much time around them I'm not surprised a bit. And their husbands/children are no better.... :roll:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Olevern
Levergunner

Post by Olevern »

Fiddler wrote:Say YK, how did you obliterate the license tag number in the photo? The reason I ask is because there are several photos I'd like to post online but they have personal info on them that I'd rather not have get out.
Fiddler,
I use a program (admittedly an expensive one) called Photoshop cs to blurr or black out details I don't want to share with the world.

There are probably other, less expensive programs that do the same thng (perhaps Photoshop elements)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

RIHMFIRE wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not just women. Everybody is talking or texting on their cell phones. It's against the law in Washington State to talk or text on your phone while driving a vehicle. Sometimes I feel like I'm driving in a demo derby.

About a month ago our Sheriff pulled over a car because the driver was talking on his cell phone. Ended up being two bangers and they had a sawed off shotgun between the seats and a revolver. Needless to say they don't have those anymore.
Old Law Dawg
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

kimwcook wrote:
RIHMFIRE wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not just women. Everybody is talking or texting on their cell phones. It's against the law in Washington State to talk or text on your phone while driving a vehicle. Sometimes I feel like I'm driving in a demo derby.

About a month ago our Sheriff pulled over a car because the driver was talking on his cell phone. Ended up being two bangers and they had a sawed off shotgun between the seats and a revolver. Needless to say they don't have those anymore.
We really don't need people like that on the road. Hope the Sherriff was not injured. Idiots like the ones pulled over can sometimes become violent, and again, we really don't need people like that on the road.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Olevern wrote:
Fiddler wrote:Say YK, how did you obliterate the license tag number in the photo? The reason I ask is because there are several photos I'd like to post online but they have personal info on them that I'd rather not have get out.
Fiddler,
I use a program (admittedly an expensive one) called Photoshop cs to blurr or black out details I don't want to share with the world.

There are probably other, less expensive programs that do the same thng (perhaps Photoshop elements)
Yes, you can do that in Photobucket. I've done it with plates and serial numbers. MS Paint will do it as well but it takes a little more time.

EDIT: I goofed. I meant Photobucket, not Photoshop... :oops:
Last edited by awp101 on Tue May 31, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Open Paint... Click File... Click Open... that should open My Pictures...look around until you find the pic you want to adjust, Then click the pic... That will put it in Paint... Notice the twin column of buttons residing below File and Edit...A yellow icon in the shape of an eraser is second from the top in the left column... Click on it... Now any place you place the white box that came up when you clicked the eraser icon will be erased when you click and hold and move the white box around until you release it... You can make the box bigger or smaller by selecting a choice of four boxes that are presented just below the double column of buttons... Good luck... Hope to see some pics soon...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Driving on L.A. freeways, I think I may have seen it all (worked downtown LA for 25 years and delivery driver in LA county for several years before that.) I've seen eating (not just sandwiches, but with a spoon and bowl), reading (not a map or note, but books and newspapers resting on steering wheel), dressing (or undressing?), watching TV, breast feeding, sex, and all combinations of the above, most accompanied with a cell phone (eating and cell phone, or eating and reading are most common). All on the freeway at freeway speeds (20 mph - 70 mph). A Law against cell phone use while driving was effective for maybe 8 or 10 days, then it was back to normal; 4 out of 10 vehicles being driven while driver talked on the phone.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Was pulling into a Wallmart parking lot and a girl talking on her phone went right through a stop sign and almost hit me, she gave me the finger like i did something wrong. :roll:
This phone buisness is dangerous and that`s a funny picture. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ok, I'll be brave and honest.......Down in Oregon, where you can't pump your own fuel, I gave the old tweaker manning the pumps 20 bucks. Went in to use the BatRoom, buy coffee and worms and stuff. BSed with the clerk about fishing for a couple minute. I drove off. Yep. Truthfully, I didn't feel at fault. :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I've seen in happening. Some folks just seem preoccupied with life. At least the fella I watched stopped and removed the hose. Then drove off without talking to the attendant.

As to yapping while driving, it's illegal here unless you use a hands free. But I haven't seen the CHP, much less a city or county cop pull anyone over. They always seem to be to busy talking on their phone. I'd take photos, but last time I took one of a city employee doing something wrong (parking in a handicap space) I got ignored. Well, that was till I sent it to the newly elected mayor of that city.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I shouldn't admit this but.............In my rookie days,I was fueling my patrol car and went inside to grab some paperwork. I started talking to another officer and then was dispatched to assist an officer in trouble. I ran out, jumped in the car and took off to the rescue only to rip out the pump. :oops: :oops: :oops: Gas went everywhere till I hit the emergency shutoff. That was almost twenty years ago. Now I always double check when I gas up at work or home and then check the mirror one more time to make sure.
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by handyrandyrc »

"The driver was yapping on the phone"

...says the guy taking pictures with his cell phone while driving.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

handyrandyrc wrote:"The driver was yapping on the phone"

:lol: :lol: Gotcha, YK :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ouch... :lol:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

BlaineG wrote:

LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

I like her first question, "Did I hit you?" Oblivious.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hey Fiddler -

I am not the most tech savvy guy, so I just did a screen print of the photo, copied it into "Paint", then cut out the license plate number with the "cut/copy" function. I then copied the picture and saved it with the plate number removed.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

RIHMFIRE wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

Oh yeah - quilty as charged! :oops: