What was in that Kool-Aid anyway?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bcp
Levergunner 2.0

What was in that Kool-Aid anyway?

Post by bcp »

Interesting comments found here and there on the internet:
--------
" My dad’s main gun is a Remington 700CDL with a 30-40 Krag barrel.

For elk hunting I like Remington lever actions, but I do have more 30-40 Krag bolts than levers. "
-------
Another one:
"My most choice rifle is everything made by Marlin. One thing I don’t like is if you’re a hunter, the ring or the lanyard on the Marlin 336XLR can snag on a branch or even your own clothing and possibly pop your receiver cover off."
---------
More:
"My favorite gun is a Winchester Model 1894 with a 30-40 Krag barrel. "
---------

Bruce
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Say WHAT ??? :shock:
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Where might these be found?
bcp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcp »

I didn't want to clutter up the post with sources, but if you copy part of a sentence, then paste it, with quotation marks, into Google, it should come up.

Bruce
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

I love the one about popping the receiver cover off lol.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Well if it was on the internet, it must be true! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BigBoreWhore
Levergunner

Post by BigBoreWhore »

Well let me tell ya, As a 07/02 SOT I have alot of people come into my shop telling me things that I have to bite my tongue so I wont laugh to the point of peeing them off. It s always "you can shoot this ammo through that" and my favorite is "If you want a machinegun just file the pin"...

Now for a levergun story, Guy walks through the door with a 1894 Winnie in 38-55 (around 1900 vintage) 98% family heirloom. He wants to reload for it, just to plink... Fine, I set him up and tell him to be darn carefull. Use a minimum load and if it shoots good dont F*&K with it.
Nice $$$$ Gun.
Guy comes back about a month later with a stretched receiver and what is now a pile of parts and is screaming at me for destroying his rifle. I ask him what exactly he did. He did exactly what i told him to do but, he decided he wanted way more out of it than was possible so he started using 255gr barnes bullets with 220gr hornady data and beyond. I asked if he was looking for any signs of HIGH pressure. He says yes but the loads were still not fast enough so i put more powder behind them. I then got it out of him that he changed powder because he could not get enough in the case.

Then one of my customers and good friends (who has reloaded more ammo than most avid shooters will ever shoot in a lifetime) and was there for the whole conversation lit into this guy (like he was back at Paris Island drilling snot nosed kids as he puts it) puting it point blank that he was lucky to still have a face left... and that stupid people should not have kids... I then explained to him that the rifle is now junk and to hang it up over the fireplace and remove the firing pin so nobody gets killed with it.
I feel bad for the gun and the guys late grandfather who kept this rifle in near new condition but, that as far as my sympathy goes...
Overkill, When is dead not DEAD enough!
AKA- Raffica=(Full Auto or Burst)