Everybody Still Here?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Everybody Still Here?

Post by COSteve »

I'm happy to report that as far as I can tell, on our street at least, absolutely nothing happened today. :D
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Everybody Still Here?

Post by Topside »

Steve, I'm trying to think of a good smart Alec remark, but I guess I'm just happy to be doing a little reloading and fixin to cook some chicken on the grill. No quakes or other ruination here in the Old Dominion. The Irish Setter and I are ok.
T.
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well, nothing unusual has happened in my neck of the woods. Umm I haven't heard from the wife for a while ...... :shock:

Better check on her ... :arrow:
Yep, she answered the text, all OK here.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Date setters, what a joke. :lol: :roll:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

shoulda went fish'n......... :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Here in California it happened. Everythig was destroyed and in ruins. Total anarchy and....wait.....it was already like that. Never mind...no change.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

me and the wife took boat out for first time this year. Caught five croakers. waited for the end while on the river. :shock:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

deleted as the wife said it was too snarky.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I was at the office today by myself and the boss made a special trip to the office to approve a project I've got going.

I got to stop by Cabela's on the way home and when I got home my dog was glad to see me.

Then my wife made a great dinner, and made me a drink afterward.

I'm pretty sure I got raptured.

:wink: :mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Still here!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yep, about as eventful a day as Y2K. I figure when we get it, we won't even see it coming. One second this old world is spinning normally, the next, well there won't be a next will there?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

Just like an episode of Cops!

Across the street from where I was helping move a garden shed, the police showed up to take in 2 gangmembers of a motorcycle gang for beating a passing stupid dumb drunk who had made a comment of sort. He was taken away by ambulance. He will feel it tomorrow. In the end there was 1 motorcycle cop, 1 Suburban police supervisor, and 7 marked cruisers. Since there was about 30 or more gangmembers, I do not blame them. We only knew something was up as the loud music went quiet and the sirens got louder in it place.

Oh yes I forgot the best part! It did NOT rain today! :D
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Well I called my grandmother today to make sure that it didnt happen rather than me just being left here. I figured if anyone was going she would be in the good. She is still here and so am I.....no news to speak of. :mrgreen:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Still here. Guess I gotta pay bills this month after all.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

jkbrea wrote:Here in California it happened. Everything was destroyed and in ruins. Total anarchy and....wait.....it was already like that. Never mind...no change.
That would be funny as heck if it weren't so true.

I moved with my parents to Pacific Palisades in 1955 and then San Jose in 1956 as a kid. Both were great places for a kid to grow up in at the time, however, by 1980, the Bay Area was a polluted, congested, overpriced, shadow of it's former self and the time had come to take the family to Colorado. We've never regretted our move for a even a moment.

I wish all of you who still live in California, go luck. I'm afraid that you're going to need tons of it!
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Ironically, that famous Camping fellow who said the Lord would return at 6:00 o'clock yesterday, in violating one prophecy, brought another prophecy one step closer to fulfillment. Jesus Christ was quite explicit when he stated that, 'of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone '. So when someone like Camping comes along and makes a big international announcement that violates what Jesus said, a lot of people take it as gospel and when it doesn't happen, make fools out of themselves and general skepticism as to the return of the Lord increases, bringing us one step closer to another prophecy in 2 Peter 3 that states, "in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” Another interesting prophecy Jesus made, in the form of a question, was 'when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?'

I get the impression that when the Lord returns, faith will pretty much be dead, partly due to people like Camping crying wolf too many times. Perhaps people at that time will have put their faith in other things, until the Day of the Big Surprise. Camping has just sped up the death of faith, at least for those people who do not know what the Bible actually says on such matters, which is the vast overwhelming majority of humanity, including a lot of Christians it seems.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

All these false ones are going to make everyone believe the real one which is part true and part false, rapture true because it came out of the blue, AC false.
Many do not realize in the New Age Movement many believe those hindering Man's evolution to a godlike state will be instantly removed from the earth by a great Ascended Master that will return. So, we go and the AC appears with his promises and the New Agers, WoF types etc fall right in line.
All part of the plan, key is to belong to Christ so ya don`t miss the boat. :D
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yep. Got outta bed and went to the bathroom. Standing there as all the aches and pains returned out of my "sleep fog", I realized I'm still here. darn! I was kinda looking forward to leaving, but like He said in scriptures, nobody knows when...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

Got up, let the dog out while I got ready to face the day. Made breakfast without under or over cooking my over medium egg, and the coffee was just right. Walked the dog and found TWO lost wheel weights totalling about 4oz. to add to my stash, enough to eventually cast 6 RNFPs for my 45LCs.
Sat down to read e-mail, then logged in to this board, saw this thread and remembered about yesterday being the day of rapture (or doom), and am now thinking, if it happened, and all the worthy people have been raptured, that means that the rest of us must be in Hell, so I might go out to see if I can find Bin Laden, and shoot him again.
Mark :P
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Every morning I wake up alive I figure I'm already a winner!! :D
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

jnyork wrote:Every morning I wake up alive I figure I'm already a winner!! :D
Or like they say, Every morning i wake up and my elbows arn`t hittin wood is a good day. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I already been ruptured...about six years ago building a low stone wall across the front of the property. Really good drugs, so I prolly seen an angel or two in the next few days afterward. :wink: Holy Stuff..how can you claim to follow the Bible if you say stupid stuff like what that guy came up with?? :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Blaine - you weren't chasing rabbits over that wall or listening to caterpillars were you???? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Kirk, thanks that's what Brother Jim said this morning.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

Still here?? yep.. Tornadoes to the North of us.. Tornadoes to the SOUTH of us.... Joplin Disaster F5 twister to the WEST of us..... but we're still here!! Been the Month from HELL here tho!! Monsoons and swampy ground all around us! ENOUGH ALREADY!