OT - Not sure why...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Not sure why...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Before...

After...

Got a bug to paint my reloading bench/cabinet. Not sure why - I built it almost 15 years ago, and it was fine for all that time "raw". Just something I've wanted to do for a while...
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Not sure why...

Post by iceman »

I have had that happen to me too. I usually just sit down, open a beer and wait for the feeling to go away. :D :D
Nice job by the way.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

Nice setup there, Jay..........

If mine was that neat I would never find anything. :shock:

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Hey, that looks really nice! My setup has a very similar organizational concept, but I've never got it quite put together. In fact, if mine ever came even close to looking that tidy I think the wife would faint.

You did that special for the pictures, didn't you? :lol:
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

no slippers? :D
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

It's a good idea to let that wood season out and stabalize before painting it. 15 years isn't too long to wait. :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Looks much better painted. I tend to omit things like that and just go for 'function', but the paint actually will make the surface easier to keep clean and so on. You done good.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Looks good YK. how does that OSB take Paint ? I am using that for the walls in My New Gun Room instead of sheetrock.Figure it will be a little stronger.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Looks great Ysabel.
How do pick colors that compliment each other? If I picked them they would clash like green and purple, a combination I usually end up with when I grab sweats off the shelf. My wife, Esperanza, has been painting the interior of our house since her job was phased out the first of the year. Yesterday she actually cleaned the garage while I worked on my Harley.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, now your wife has seen you with a paint brush in your hand, I reckon it wont be long before....well you can guess the rest. :roll:

Nice job though. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Very nice :)
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Hmmm...

Looks more 'operational' now, like it belongs in a laboratory.

A petri dish or a microscope would not look out of place.

:wink: :mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

iceman wrote:I have had that happen to me too. I usually just sit down, open a beer and wait for the feeling to go away. :D :D
Nice job by the way.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Words of wisdom. "Never make anything temporary, too nice." :wink:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

pretty nice job...very neat and orderly and now....sharp looking...
my reloading station is on my work bench...in the garage...
and needs to be organized like yours...
Started last week and found a ton of brass...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I like it and I think it's a little more personal when you "finish" it with the color of your choice.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Looks great. well done
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I would, but that would involve FINDING the bench top. If I started cleaning it off, I'd probably discover some artifact I forgot I owned, and go into Homer Simpson mode (all starry-eyed) and forget why I was even moving the clutter around.

I almost cleaned off one bench last year. then I "found" a knife blank on the bench and made a knife instead.....
Certified gun nut
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

I think ya done it to make Clint an the Duke more comfy
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT - Not sure why... replies added!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

iceman wrote:I have had that happen to me too. I usually just sit down, open a beer and wait for the feeling to go away. :D :D
Nice job by the way.
Borregos wrote:
Nice job by the way.
+1
Now, that would have saved a lot of time…
spaceman spiff wrote:Nice setup there, Jay..........

If mine was that neat I would never find anything. :shock:

spaceman
Actually, that is why I have it so neat. I have found in my house that any horizontal surface tends to get things placed on it. The messier the surface, the more stuff gets added. I HATE losing stuff! Drives me bonkers!!!
earlmck wrote: Hey, that looks really nice! My setup has a very similar organizational concept, but I've never got it quite put together. In fact, if mine ever came even close to looking that tidy I think the wife would faint.

You did that special for the pictures, didn't you? :lol:
Nope. Snapped the pictures when I took some for the black powder cartridge loading post I made. Actually, when I am not reloading, it is even neater! See above.
pokey wrote:no slippers? :D
Not this time – though I was wearing them when I snapped the photo!
Rusty wrote:It's a good idea to let that wood season out and stabalize before painting it. 15 years isn't too long to wait. :D
Didn’t want to rush it – that’s for sure!
AJMD429 wrote:Looks much better painted. I tend to omit things like that and just go for 'function', but the paint actually will make the surface easier to keep clean and so on. You done good.
That was me too Doc. Lately though, I’ve decided I am going to actually finish projects – completely. I have the bad habit of getting things 90-95% done, and then starting another project.
pwl44m wrote:Looks good YK. how does that OSB take Paint ? I am using that for the walls in My New Gun Room instead of sheetrock.Figure it will be a little stronger.
I had some off-white flat left over that that I used as a primer. OSB sucks up a lot of paint, and it doesn’t leave a smooth finish, but the gloss topcoat does make it feel much smoother, and I think it looks a lot better than the raw wood.
M. M. Wright wrote:Looks great Ysabel.
How do pick colors that compliment each other? If I picked them they would clash like green and purple, a combination I usually end up with when I grab sweats off the shelf. My wife, Esperanza, has been painting the interior of our house since her job was phased out the first of the year. Yesterday she actually cleaned the garage while I worked on my Harley.
Actually, that was just lucky on my part, as I normally have no taste for color – that’s Mrs. YK’s department. Of course, had I let her pick out the color, I probably wouldn’t have been able to pronounce the colors!

I had purchased 5 gallons of a gray paint years ago on sale for $5 a gallon. Been using this for a lot of projects. A friend of mine had painted his reloading bench “Navy gray” (he was a sailor), and I liked the idea – and the darker gray. I decided I wanted another color to offset it, since all gray would have been too much. I liked the hunter green, so went with it.

Actually, though I like the color, I’m kicking myself that I didn’t pick Navy blue. The “blue and gray” colors are those of the 29th Infantry Division. Can’t believe I didn’t pick those up front!

BTW – thanks again for the springs for my black powder adjustable charge tube. I think I can make one of these work once I find a ball bearing of the right size!
game keeper wrote:Jay, now your wife has seen you with a paint brush in your hand, I reckon it wont be long before....well you can guess the rest. :roll:

Nice job though. :D
Too late – I should have known better! Been painting the walls in the garage the last couple weekends when I have time. At one point I figured I had put down 30+ gallons through the various rooms in the house, though recently I have hired some painting done to save my back – and weekends!
casastahle wrote:Very nice :)
Thanks Mike!
FWiedner wrote:Hmmm...

Looks more 'operational' now, like it belongs in a laboratory.

A petri dish or a microscope would not look out of place.

:wink: :mrgreen:
Actually, if you look closely, I have two “devices” with magnifying glasses on them. The bench doubles for model building, though I haven’t done so in a while.
Gobblerforge wrote:Words of wisdom. "Never make anything temporary, too nice." :wink:
Gobbler
Actually built this one to last. The “insert” system is so flexible that I can’t imagine not using this bench, unless Y2K sneaks off with it someday!
RIHMFIRE wrote:pretty nice job...very neat and orderly and now....sharp looking...
my reloading station is on my work bench...in the garage...
and needs to be organized like yours...
Started last week and found a ton of brass...
One of the reasons I try to stay organized – just to understand what I have and what I need!
86er wrote:I like it and I think it's a little more personal when you "finish" it with the color of your choice.
Yep. This one is “mine” for sure!
rjohns94 wrote:Looks great. well done
Another “Thanks Mike”!
adirondakjack wrote:I would, but that would involve FINDING the bench top. If I started cleaning it off, I'd probably discover some artifact I forgot I owned, and go into Homer Simpson mode (all starry-eyed) and forget why I was even moving the clutter around.

I almost cleaned off one bench last year. then I "found" a knife blank on the bench and made a knife instead.....
Well, I did buy the paint for the project almost a full year before ever getting around to painting it. Does that count?
bsaride wrote:I think ya done it to make Clint an the Duke more comfy
And when it was all said and done, that was a good enough reason it and of itself!
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

Jay,

"Actually, if you look closely, I have two “devices” with magnifying glasses on them. The bench doubles for model building, though I haven’t done so in a while."

A hobby that has always amazed me..... any pics of your projects :?:

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin