L.G.'s in the movies: Resident Evil: Extinction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

L.G.'s in the movies: Resident Evil: Extinction

Post by J Miller »

Was watching Resident Evil: Extinction last night. Kind of a Milla Jovovich fan, and checking out the guns they used to waste the virus infected walking dead. They had several types of autos, 1911s, Berretta 92s or something like that, a 6.5" S&W magnum, a Ruger Mini 14 variant and some kind of a bull pup thing, as well as several small full auto weapons I couldn't ID. They had several types of shotguns as well.

As the group of survivors were set upon by a batch of hopped up crazed zombies they used all these guns to kill them. At one point the bands leader, a gal, grabs a Winchester 94AE Carbine with a Williams receiver sight on it and starts to blast them. She actually looked like she knew how to handle it.
The two things I found interesting was the view of the carbine was so clear in the shots you could identify the Williams receiver sight mounted on it, and you could tell she was loading rifle cartridges into it as she reloaded.
But the blooper that went along with this scene was a hoot. As she reloaded the carbine she was grabbing ammo off the front seat of the truck she was standing beside. Very poor editing, the rounds she was grabbing were .45 ACP rounds, but as you could clearly see in the next instant she was loading rifle rounds into the 94.

A good shoot 'em up, kill 'em horror TEOTWAWKI type move to rent or buy, my wife and I liked it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

I'll have to pick it up, I have the first two on DVD.
Been a Milla admirer since she played Lelu in the Fifth Element :D
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

salvo wrote:I'll have to pick it up, I have the first two on DVD.
Been a Milla admirer since she played Lelu in the Fifth Element :D
Scott, That's also where I first noticed her, however she has an incredible history in movies, music, and modeling. I checked out her file in the Imdb site and was astonished.
Go here: http://www.imdb.com/ and type in Milla Jovovich and read up on her. Or anybody else you're interested in.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Many months ago, we were all trying to discern what lever Milla was using in the short burst of frames in the previews. I'm not sure we ever pinned it down for sure ... I believe consensus was a 94 of some type but it was very hard to tell. I'm sure I will be buying the DVD though. :wink:
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ash used one at the end of Army Of Darkness.

Shop smart, shop SMart...YA GOT THAT!?:lol:

I may have to drag that one back out and watch it again. Been too long...
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

If you like zombie movies, and a good laugh, check out Shaun of the Dead.

Not to spoil it, but they go to a pub named the Winchester that has an old Winchester hanging up behind the bar. They looked to be loading .44s in it.

Cool movie though.

Here's a random image that made me chuckle a little:

Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Milla is smokin. 1886.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

salvo wrote: Been a Milla admirer since she played Lelu in the Fifth Element :D
+1 :D
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

+2
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I really liked her in Dazed and Confused tight fitting bell bottoms :P :P
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I like Mila's kukris. And no that's not dirty.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Oh... I didnt notice the levergun or the ammo in that shot... :oops: I guess i'll have to see it again :lol: :lol: :lol: