The Girls Guide To Guns and Butter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

The Girls Guide To Guns and Butter

Post by Hobie »

For those of you who would like to read about/follow some young folks who choose to live as we used to, I recommend The Girls Guide To Guns and Butter. I think you will like it and if not you perhaps your better half.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Girls Guide To Guns and Butter

Post by Rusty »

Looks good Hobie. I wish I had time to plant potatoes. There's nothing like a bowl of fresh dug new potatoes with cream gravy on 'em.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jerry b
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jerry b »

The way we used to? Some of us live that way now or close to it, and some young folks around here, too. The older I get, the simpler I live. If I was twenty years younger, I'd farm with mules. I still might. There's a young couple down the road who farm with oxen....very sedate way to go.

I'd like to know who of the illustrious board members live mostly in the old ways? Obviously, we have electricity and computers (although I manage without a TV, thank God), or we wouldn't be here. But, generally.....
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I was referring to myself I suppose. My wife is a dear but not the mother earth type even though she was raised as I was. We don't live where we can raise a garden either. THAT is a whole other discussion.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Great site, Hobie - Thanks!
jerry b
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jerry b »

Too bad, Hobie. You need to get out in the sticks :mrgreen: Tell your wife it'll grow on her....er....the lifestyle, not the rashes she'll likely get.