Range Report Update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Range Report Update

Post by Beaker »

Went out this afternoon to the Outback Range and brought along both my 30 calibers:The 30/30 Henry brass and octagon and the .308 Springfield M1A NM. I started shooting the Henry first and people started gathering around wanting to see the Springfield so I took it out of the case and fired a group of 3. No comparison on acuracy, I sure wish the Henry had those National Match sights on it. I again was shooting at 80 yards but those buckhorn sights on the Henry sure give me fits trying to see and shoot clearly and accurately. One of those peep sights on the Henry would be nice, or maybe its time for me to get a red dot or a scout scope for the Henry. Not to mention a camera to take pictures to submit with my range reports. Anyway, the Henry is really nice and I love to shoot it but I am so much more accurate with those sights on the Springfield, there is just no comparision between the rifles as dressed out.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Range Report Update

Post by Nath »

Good for you Beaker.

When I made a rear sight for my Enfield I purposely made it the opposite to a buckhorn as in the sides of the V were filed lower than the V.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Range Report Update

Post by AJMD429 »

Sounds like all you need to do is put a Williams FP "peep" sight on that Henry, and you'll have your FAVORITE fun-shootin' gun with the accurate shootability of your favorite powerhouse... 8)

None of my leverguns has "factory" sights:
  • 16" usually get the Marble's "Bullseye" sight that replaces the barrel-mounted rear one,
    20" usually get the Williams FP-94/36 (or if Marlins, maybe the FP-336), and
    24" usually get a $29 Taurus Tang sight that I find indistinguishable from the Marble's at four times the cost.
Don't settle for 'factory' sights if you really like the Henry.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "