Trouble connecting with Gunblast

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Trouble connecting with Gunblast

Post by soon 2 retire »

Has anyone else had trouble connecting with Gunblast? You get some form of bothersome message that your system may crash or you may have a virus. It's a scam to get you to connect to a site to remedy the situation (at what cost I don't know). It's been like this at least 3 days. I read that a lot of sites were affected by this but I thought it would have been eliminated by now. Anyone know anything?

Bob in NE Indiana
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Hobie

Re: Trouble connecting with Gunblast

Post by Hobie »

They are aware that they've been compromised.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

From what I saw when I looked into it, their search engine is run by Google. If you search for a term it generates a list of articles. If you copy the URL by highlighting it and copying it then paste it into your browser it will go right where you want to go. If, however, you click on the link then the malware highjacks the link and directs you elsewhere.

As for "it should be corrected by now" - not necessarily. I'm not sure what's going on, but Boge is on it. Our mission server was highjacked a while back and that caused us no end of grief. We ended up canning Microsoft's design software and went to a Linux based content management system because of it. Cleaning it all out will be quite a job in all likelihood.

We really need some creative punishment for spammers and folks who generate virii and malware.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Boge Quinn
Shootist

Post by Boge Quinn »

The problem is with Google, NOT with our servers. Someone has hacked Google's search engine feature to redirect Google searches to a malware site. I don't know anything I can do about it but wait for Google to fix it, other than take down the SEARCH page on our site, as it uses Google's search engine technology for internal searches. I am working on that now, I appreciate your patience.

Boge
Pray for Obama.
Psalm 109:8
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Thanks for the replies. AmBraCol has hit upon a new OT topic - "creative punishment for spammers."

Bob in NE Indiana
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

soon 2 retire wrote:Thanks for the replies. AmBraCol has hit upon a new OT topic - "creative punishment for spammers."

Bob in NE Indiana
Whatever the punishment is, it should be lengthy and extremely painful.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Boge Quinn
Shootist

Post by Boge Quinn »

I believe the problem is fixed. Y'all please let me know if you encounter any further difficulties - boge@gunblast.com.
Pray for Obama.
Psalm 109:8