OT - The Sistine Chapel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

OT - The Sistine Chapel

Post by COSteve »

Here is an amazing bit of technology that you would never see in person, and you would NEVER be alone in the room. It is always crowded and of course you can't see Michelangelo's artwork close up as you can here. This is especially spectacular if you have a large high-definition screen!

The Sistine Chapel Virtually View every part of Michael Angelo's Masterpiece. Just click and drag in the direction you wish to see. In the lower left, click on the plus (+) to move closer, on the minus (-) to move away. Choir is thrown in free.

http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/ ... index.html
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - The Sistine Chapel

Post by .45colt »

Steve,Thanks for posting this. I spent around ten minutes with My jaw on floor. :o . one of the Wonders of the World.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That is incredible!! I've seen bits and pieces of the Sistine Chapel, but never like this. How in the world do they keep it so vibrant and fresh looking?
Double wow!

joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

J Miller wrote:That is incredible!! I've seen bits and pieces of the Sistine Chapel, but never like this. How in the world do they keep it so vibrant and fresh looking?
Double wow!

joe
It's been through a recent 14-year restoration, that's how. Some critics say they ruined it.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

WOW! :shock:

and thank you...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Pisgah wrote:
J Miller wrote:That is incredible!! I've seen bits and pieces of the Sistine Chapel, but never like this. How in the world do they keep it so vibrant and fresh looking?
Double wow!

joe
It's been through a recent 14-year restoration, that's how. Some critics say they ruined it.
I've never seen the before, so I have nothing to compare the now to.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AMAZING! Thanks for posting!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Incredible is right! That is awesome. Thanks for posting Steve!!!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always wanted to get the 3,000 piece jigsaw puzzle of it - it is 56-1/2" x 26-3/4" assembled - to put under a large glass-topped conference table...

...of course I don't have a glass-topped table that large, unfortunately...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FD ... e=&seller=
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Pretty neat.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

A fine example of a constructive use of technology.

We are all better for it.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

It does allow a closeup better, but having stood for half an hour looking straight up inside the Sistine Chapel, nothing quite replaces the experience.

I'm not Catholic but St. Peters was impressive as well. Not as much as the Wailing Wall, but more so than the Dome of the Rock.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

MrMurphy wrote:It does allow a closeup better, but having stood for half an hour looking straight up inside the Sistine Chapel, nothing quite replaces the experience.

I'm not Catholic but St. Peters was impressive as well. Not as much as the Wailing Wall, but more so than the Dome of the Rock.
I know what you mean about 'being there' is the real experience. I had the same feeling when my wife and I stood overlooking Machu Picchu, stood in Red Square and looking at St. Basil's, walked through Chitzinetza, walked through the Forbiden City, explored the Terracotta Warriors and walked the Great Wall, and we look forward to it again when we stand in the Sistine Chapel this September on our trip to Italy.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Try not to break any necks of the idiots ignoring the no-flash-no-pictures signs and guys running around tackling them.

One group near us of Japanese tourists were like a machine gun of camera flashes going off. How they weren't beaten to death i'm not sure.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

This is really awesome....thanks Steve.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8