Still Looking

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Still Looking

Post by hondo1892 »

I still haven't got my marlin 1894 in .357. I've been to four gun shows, Cabela's several times and two other gun shops looking for used Marlin's. When I wasn't looking I seen one at almost every gun show I went to now nothing. I must be looking to hard. :) I was at Cabela's yesterday and seen they had a new Winchester 92 in .357. Thought about looking at it but didn't. Do any of you guys own one of the new Winchester's how do they shoot and function?
I don't really like the made in Japan and that has been my biggest drawback on the Winchester. The tang safeties and rebounding hammers I can deal with. Maybe I will go back and look at it. I would rather buy american when possible. I also seen a Smith & Wesson 28-2 about 95% with its original box this past weekend for $600 and passed on it. I thought it was a little steep but I don't know much about Smith's. What do you guys think? I do know that the dealer's at the show's are offering only 50-60% of what they were a few years ago for used guns. I wish there selling prices reflected it.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Still Looking

Post by AJMD429 »

I think Gander Mountain in Indianapolis had one last week or so; you could call any Gander Mountain and I think they can check the whole country, and get one to a local store. Same for Cabela's.

Try TheGunSource, BudsGunShop and Davidson's on-line, too...?

Good Luck. You'll love the .357 levergun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Ever consider a Henry? I am wanting to get a Big Boy in .357.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Just saw a Big Boy yesterday.Didn't spark an interest as I have a Yellow Boy in 38. Don't remember the price but I could check if anyone was interested and Give a location and Phone #.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Don't like the henry's or there loading method.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Hondo, why you no like Mr Henry's Big Boy rifles? I admit they are a little clunky looking, but I shot one last week and it sure was smooth and fairly accurate, and the loading up front is really not that bad, just different. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Might look at emf as well, they have several 357s IIRC
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

The reason you can not find one is because most folks do not part with them. And for good reason, they are an American made, quality product that shoots well and carries even better. If you are wanting a new gun, a short wait is due as Marlin will begin production on 1894s soon. IMO there is little comparison to the others. Marlin has made them in barrel lengths 16, 18.5, 20, and 24, the last 2 octagon. I own 3 and each one was obtained by being quick to respond to an ad. Keep hunting and good luck.

TomF