Henry fansite coming- need input

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Henry fansite coming- need input

Post by quietman »

Yes there is a fansite coming for Henry rifle owners. I have the hosting service, bought the domain, and am in the process of putting it together.

The site will also include a forum for Henry Rifle owners divided into categories that cover all of their guns .

But, I'd like some input. The forum structure is being built now as is the website. Currently the site just has an under construction page.

If anyone would like to give some feedback on the forum structure, or would like to contribute an article for the site, please PM me.

Note: I'm not making any money off this so I cannot pay for anything contributed. It is, after all, a fan site.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Henry fansite coming- need input

Post by Blaine »

The best of luck to you..... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I'd like to see three galleries: Hunting photos with Henry's, "Best targest with Henry's' showcasing accuracy, and Henry's in action, whether CAS, riding in the saddle, bouncing around in the truck rack patrolling the ranch, etc.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
farmer44mag
Levergunner

Post by farmer44mag »

All i can say is: I'll be there!!!

I have one of the new Henry .30-30's with XS sights on order and i plan on doing a full report of it with pics to post on here and Marlinowners and would happily post it on your new site. I am thinking it will be a great deer gun and great compliment to my Marlin 336c in the collection. I have a henry .22 big loop and it is great fun.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

How 'bout KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid

That's a way to live life. One of the things that makes this site a friendly as it is, is because everything is all together. If you divide it up too much you'll loose the sense of family.
Separate it as little as possible. Rimfire and centerfire and leave it alone.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
farmer44mag
Levergunner

Post by farmer44mag »

yeah, i think with the rather small line of products henry has you can keep it very simple.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hopefully they won't get their panties in a bunch when folks start pointing out things they don't like. Remember when that happened on the Marlin factory forum they got prissy and shut it down.

I won't be there as I see no need to join a forum where my opinions, likes and dislikes will be the cause of unhappiness ... on their parts.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Not to rain on your parade but Rimfirecentral.com already has a Henry forum HERE.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by quietman »

COSteve wrote:Not to rain on your parade but Rimfirecentral.com already has a Henry forum HERE.
I know, and its a Rimfire forum, no pistol caliber carbine section, no 30-30 section and no gunsmithing section on all Henry models. In fact, I posted my OP there too.

Greybeard out doors has a Henry section too. But then how many sites have Marlin sections and yet there's still a Marlin Owners Forum.

You can read the discussion on doing the Henry site here
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=375010

Here's a piece of what I posted there ;
"But, there's also a misunderstanding. This will also be a website providing information in a structured manner, it's not just a forum.

I plan on having articles, events, and reviews sections in the site that is outside of the forum. There will be more sections, but this is a start.

It will also have a links section to some sites about Henry's a lot of owners don't even know exist. For example, the is a running blog by a Henry owner few people know about. It's actually pretty darn good. Usually show's up on about page 5 or 6 of a google search. Sometimes it doesn't come up at all. Yes there will even be a link to this forum on the website."

And there will be a link to this forum in the links page too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J Miller, this is a FAN site. Henry has agreed to let me use the pictures of their rifles on the site. Otherwise I own the domain, the hosting service, and the forum. Henry can't shut it down. Worst they could do is pull permission to use their pictures. Then I'll just get them from users.
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by quietman »

86er wrote:I'd like to see three galleries: Hunting photos with Henry's, "Best targest with Henry's' showcasing accuracy, and Henry's in action, whether CAS, riding in the saddle, bouncing around in the truck rack patrolling the ranch, etc.
I like the idea, thanks. In fact I'm going to call it Henry's in action and have galleries on the page with your ideas.
farmer44mag
Levergunner

Post by farmer44mag »

How soon do you plan to have it up and running?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My vote would be NOT to break it up into lots of forums and sub-forums...ESPECIALLY at first - if you do that, the 'traffic' will be too minimal on any one sub-forum.

I think a forum like LEVERGUNS is perfect - a "classified" part of messages that 'expire' and are purely for commercial purposes, a "political" one where we can rant and rave and plot and scheme and whine, and a "general" one for EVERYTHING else.

MAYBE I'd later separate off the "OT" type things like "Hey, look at the new motor mount I made for my bass boat", but realistically, those things add to the flavor and fun of the site, in my opinion.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I've never owned a Henry but I think that the more gun forums out there the better. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.