OT: Light 'em up!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Light 'em up!

Post by awp101 »

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos. ... RC=army.nl

Not sure if they're using a Javelin, Milan, etc but it's impressive... :mrgreen:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Light 'em up!

Post by C. Cash »

That's gotta leave a mark! :shock:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Wow. I don't get much of a chance to verify if that rocket is a shoulder fired weapon or mounted. Definitely did the job on that tank.
Old Law Dawg
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Almost flies like the old man-pack T.O.W. missles

Cool none the less, thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The way it bobbed and weaved, it seemed wire guided. I still like the Copperhead 155 shells. FO lights up the tank with beam, and the Copperhead comes in from 20, 30 miles away. I guess with the drones they have now, they aim from a bunker back stateside.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

BlaineG wrote:The way it bobbed and weaved, it seemed wire guided. I still like the Copperhead 155 shells. FO lights up the tank with beam, and the Copperhead comes in from 20, 30 miles away. I guess with the drones they have now, they aim from a bunker back stateside.
There was a video, maybe on YouTube, that showed a controller guiding one of the pre-Hellfire predators when they were used for surveillence only. The young airman was sitting at a console stateside, guiding the aircraft with a joystick while watching a screen via satellite.
Pretty Impressive, but the other videos of Achmed being vaporized are even better.
Mark :twisted:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

markinalpine wrote:
BlaineG wrote:The way it bobbed and weaved, it seemed wire guided. I still like the Copperhead 155 shells. FO lights up the tank with beam, and the Copperhead comes in from 20, 30 miles away. I guess with the drones they have now, they aim from a bunker back stateside.
There was a video, maybe on YouTube, that showed a controller guiding one of the pre-Hellfire predators when they were used for surveillence only. The young airman was sitting at a console stateside, guiding the aircraft with a joystick while watching a screen via satellite.
Pretty Impressive, but the other videos of Achmed being vaporized are even better.
Mark :twisted:
Anything that kills Rags without risk to US Military is tops in my book.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Sure fly's like a TOW but you dont have a good enough look at the gunner and the tube to say for sure.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JReed wrote:Sure fly's like a TOW but you dont have a good enough look at the gunner and the tube to say for sure.
Jeremy, are they still using LAWs?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

It definitely looks wire guided....that thing was either way out there or that was one SLOW projectile! The LAW was a relatively short range affair. I remember you slid the tube open and a plastic ruler type thing popped up for your "sight". :shock: :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

C. Cash wrote:It definitely looks wire guided....that thing was either way out there or that was one SLOW projectile! The LAW was a relatively short range affair. I remember you slid the tube open and a plastic ruler type thing popped up for your "sight". :shock: :lol:
The sight had a \/ graduated into yards..the point of the \/ being farthest away. If you placed the tank target so it fit front to back in the \/, it was supposed to be the right elevation. We were told that they would only knock the treads off Russian tanks and we should try to have 2 or 3 of us fire at the same time :roll: They would blow the PooP out of softer targets or bunkers.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

BlaineG wrote:
JReed wrote:Sure fly's like a TOW but you dont have a good enough look at the gunner and the tube to say for sure.
Jeremy, are they still using LAWs?
LAW's and SMAW's they work great for blowing holes in walls for entry points and bringing small buildings down on bad guys.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

A little bird said it was Israeli, optical guided, and works great on tanks. That was the first of three trying to cross into an Israeli village from over the boarder. Shoulder fired, no stand required, restricted.
It is not the critic who counts