New LeverEvo ammo- lead free

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

New LeverEvo ammo- lead free

Post by quietman »

If you live in a state that does not allow lead bullets, Hornady announced a 140 gr cartridge for the 308ME and 30-30. There's a 250gr 45/70 version also.

Here's a link
http://www.hornady.com/store/LEVERevolution-newammo

I know some people would like a heavier bullet, but the lower density of gilded metal will not easily allow that because of the bullet length required for a heavier bullet. The important thing is they now have a lead free gummy tip for lever guns.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New LeverEvo ammo- lead free

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thats interesting, thanks! Hey O.S., you see this??? -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Re: New LeverEvo ammo- lead free

Post by m.wun »

Im sure the price will be high but for a hunting only it might reach out there.The reg FTX
shoots great out of my 1975 336 but I just shoot them at a club shoot.My hunting bullets are
170gr interlocks.The 140 will get a little boost in speed and hold together.Just another one
to play with.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here