Savage 99- 303

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Savage 99- 303

Post by pwl44m »

Went shopping yesterday after My dentist appt. Found an old Savage 99 in 303, I assume that is 303 British. Any how that Gun is absolutely Nasty. Totally brown and ugly. The stock has been broken clear in two and wrapped with wire. I have no idea if was fired after that but it is a very old repair.the repair is now loose and totally dangerous. The action was really tight and worked smooth. The kicker-$100 price tag. If I didn't have to pay $25 and wait 10 I would have bought it for a wall hanger or parts or maybe even find a stock and shoot it after checking it out thoroughly. The Guy at the shop said He could check the ser# and if it was 100 yrs old then I wouldn't have to do a dros (dealer record of sale)May go back tomorrow and check it out some more.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Savage 99- 303

Post by Ben_Rumson »

It's chambered for the 303 Savage round... Totally different animal than the 303 Brit..Ammo is available as specialty loaded ammo...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Buffalo Arms has the .303 Savage ammo. You should be able to find a new stock. $100 is CHEAP.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Sounds like a fixer upper to me!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

I would love to find something like that. I would probably get a sprain whipping out my wallet real fast.

Kevin
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Sounds very much like something that could make a wonderful project rifle for this winter...
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Wood & ammo is easy to find---thanks to Al Gore's invention. :D Nice snag---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Sixgun wrote:Wood & ammo is easy to find---thanks to Al Gore's invention. :D Nice snag---------Sixgun

Had to stop and think " al Gore liked Guns" Oh yea , the Internet which He invented. I have to go to Town tomorrow anyway, so I might buy it even if I have to pay the xtra $25. But I save $8.25 in sales tax because it is a consignment Gun. Just have to wait 10 days.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Need to grab that one bud. Wish it was here, Dad had an ole .303 TD when I was a kid.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

There is no way that I could pass on that one. Good opportunity to play with a fixer-upper.