Hot looking girls!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Hot looking girls!!

Post by quietman »

Get your mind outta the gutter, the girls I'm talking about are Marlins :D

There's a story behind this post.

Two of us at marlinowners had to send our 338MX's back twice. The service manager at Marlin, Bob T (bobbytjr at marlinowners) decided to do something to make it up to the two of us.

Gallo Pazzesco at marlinowners was the first to go back twice. The second time his came back, it had some unbelievable wood on it
(Hot looking girl #1, THIS IS GALLO PAZZESCO's- not mine. His has even better wood)
Image )
The link to his thread is http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/inde ... #msg687031

Anyway, mine went back a second time and came back with the big loop on it I'd requested (at no charge, even though I'd offered to pay for the parts) and the problems more than solved as it cycles as smooth as silk. But then . . . a few days later I got a box from Bob at Marlin with some gorgeous wood in it and an apology that he wasn't able to mount the wood for me. Couldn't believe he felt like he needed to apologize, but he's that knid of guy (hope he gets his shop up soon).

The stock came with a satin finish that tends to mute the wood and hide some of the detail. So I used a trick I learned from the Henry owners at Rimfirfe Central and took some ScratchX to the finish to polish it. Gallo is planning on doing the same thing and with the figure in his wood, it should make your eyes pop outta your head and your jaw hit the floor and bounce a few times once he's done because of how the polishing makes the grain pop.

I've been stalling, but finally got the gumption to put the new wood on. Only took a little bit of work to get it to fit. So here it is.

Left side: (excuse the dirty lens in the first picture)

Right side:

Bob sure out did himself. I can't thank him enough. Both Gallo and I have talked about how much we appreciate what he did to make up for the issues we were having. People like him are going to make me sorely miss Marlin in Connecticutt being closed.

He's talking about opening a shop with a couple of the other smith's from Marlin. If he does, I know where I'm sending my rifle for work. Not only does it look nice, the action is so smooth it makes people smile when they cycle it.
Last edited by quietman on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hot looking girls!!

Post by C. Cash »

Wow! That looks great. Marlin/Rem has done me well here recently also...very happy with their customer service and how they treat folks.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, great looking rifles but guns are not girls.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I hope the lawsuits over the Model 700 triggers don't kill off Remington, and thus Marlin, since they're a subsidiary... :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote:Wow, great looking rifles but guns are not girls.
Agreed... WOW!

But... pray tell, what does it say about us if we think of our guns in the feminine vs. neuter or masculilne gender? :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Sure got my attention, but then it turned out to be just a couple of beautiful Marlins!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Now THAT causes a bit of drooling :mrgreen:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

My, oh, MY! That's almost enough to make me run out and buy one, with hopes that it has problems!

You know, any wood that looks like that is worth owning, whether it's on a rifle or not -- heck, even if it's just a hunk o' wood!
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

Very sexy :P
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by quietman »

Old Savage wrote:Wow, great looking rifles but guns are not girls.
And what happens if you don't treat your women or your guns with respect, and take care of them in a proper manner?

And when either one goes off, aren't they capable of doing damage to whatever is recipient of their attention that time ?
:D :lol: