OT - 3:10 to Yuma

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT - 3:10 to Yuma

Post by J Miller »

My wife and I rented and watched the new version of 3:10 to Yuma yesterday. I'd read both pro and con reviews about it so I was curious. I found the back ground and technical info in the "special features" section more interesting than the actual movie.

It wasn't bad, I've see much worse, more suitable for a couple hours of letting your mind go slack after a days work than anything with any value to it. I felt it was very similar to the movies Hollywood made in the late 50s and 60s.

So if you want to spend a couple hours just vegging in front of a movie, this ones not too bad.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

J Miller, My wife picked it up for the other day and we watched it. I enjoyed it.
Ricky

DWWC
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I watched it recently also. I enjoyed it for down time entertainment, but a few things puzzled me. I can handle some out of date/place guns now and then but,.......I can't figure out why they put things in that don't make common sense. Like, having a fire at night in Apache country, or when someone is looking for them, and standing around the fire when being shot at? The other big question was, why they didnt empty some saddles when the bad guy's gang was in the street in the open 50 feet away, and showed their murderous intent with the local sheriff and deputys?

Oh well, was OK anyway.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

3:10 to yuma

Post by donw »

my wife and i have seen it twice and liked it very much.

i believe russell crowe to be a richard burton 'replacement'.

my wife and i are 'old western' fans and enjoy movies like this. we also 'prowl' areas like yuma, tombstone, bisbee, etc.
Last edited by donw on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

malamute...

i agree with your question about taking advantage of the situation when the bad guys were in the process of killing the sheriff and his deputies, but that would have been the end wouldn't it? :P
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Would have at least thinned down the odds,.....and kept the loudmouth from trying to enlist the locals in their plan.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

:D :D ... that it would have...
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

The thought I got from the movie was the Hero was not really a man of violence and did not really want to be there. Though he served in the war He may not have wanted to take advantage of the cover he had as opposed to the bad guys in the open. I thought it was a good movie though I liked the original better. The Hero in that one seemed much more beleivable as a man of principle.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

We watched this movie at work yesterday and everyone wondered why the hero didn't take out a few of the gang in front of the hotel.At least the gunhand and the sharpshooter.
We noticed that artificial legs must have been pretty good in those days since He got around really well on it. :P
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

I was disappointed the main character only used his spencer to shoot a cow!At least that I saw.Also when I saw the extras and they explained the snow in the back ground it made it odd seeing it a second time.But at least they made a western instead of gang banger garbage and were somewhat true to the firearms for the time frame.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Malamute wrote:I watched it recently also. I enjoyed it for down time entertainment, but a few things puzzled me. I can handle some out of date/place guns now and then but,.......I can't figure out why they put things in that don't make common sense. Like, having a fire at night in Apache country, or when someone is looking for them, and standing around the fire when being shot at? The other big question was, why they didnt empty some saddles when the bad guy's gang was in the street in the open 50 feet away, and showed their murderous intent with the local sheriff and deputys?

Oh well, was OK anyway.
Or why the Russell Crowe character, supposedly the savvy-iest of anyone that ever robbed and pillaged, wasn't a bit more careful about getting caught in the first place when he just knew the posse guys were coming back to get him. I would've expected him to be out the back window and long gone. Maybe I missed something, but....

I thought it was a good yarn overall, but the "good guy" not the brightest guy on the planet...and speaking of, didn't care for much of the lighting. I guess it was winter, but still could have been a bit lighter. 'Was like a slightly darkening filter on the lens. And speaking of the good guy, even if I was out to be a hero bringing the Crowe character to justice, I would've tried a bit harder (and been more responsible) in trying to get back to protect and have/give a life with the missus and children.
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

All I know is I WANT a pair of schofields now!! I also liked the sharpshooters Colt revolving rifle!
Break on through to the other side!!!