Precision Gun Stocks Burned Down!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Precision Gun Stocks Burned Down!

Post by otteray »

Dang! I wish them the best at getting it all back into working order. All their patterns and materials - gone! http://www.precisiongunstocks.com/index ... 468.852708
otteray
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That's a shame. Wish them luck getting rebuilt.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

:(
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I hope they lots of insurance.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

That's a real shame. It takes years to compile a decent inventory of wood. Hope they have insurance that'll closely compensate their loss.
Old Law Dawg
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

D.a.m.n! I hate to read stories like this. I know the pain from having things burn in a fire. Nothing like it. And then it always makes me wonder how the fire started, a morbid curiosity I've never been able to curtail.

I wish them all the luck in the world.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
g5m
Levergunner

Post by g5m »

What a shame.
Best wishes to them.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

That happened a while back, but they haven't yet done many repairs. I was up there visiting with them last month and looked at what wood was left. The bad thing is that all the machinery was ruined. They are sorting out what was salvagable and working on getting up and running again. Henry is doing hand work outside under a temp lean-to. Along with their shop, some customers guns were ruined, too.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Says in the link they just burned on the 20th.

Anyway I wish them the best. Always had great dealings with them & have several pieces right now to fit that came from them.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Sorry, my mistak. I was thinking of Great American Gunstocks, of Yuba City, CA. Thought maybe it was a typo. :oops:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

That is too much! Two gunstock manufacturers suffered catastrophic fires within a two month time frame. :shock:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:shock: :( :cry:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Mike D. wrote:That is too much! Two gunstock manufacturers suffered catastrophic fires within a two month time frame. :shock:
Probably them tree huggers!!!!!!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Precision Gun Stocks Burned Down!

Post by gary rice »

im really sorry to here this about precision. im working right now on a buttstock i ordered from them a few months back. they seem to be a fine company.
otteray wrote:Dang! I wish them the best at getting it all back into working order. All their patterns and materials - gone! http://www.precisiongunstocks.com/index ... 468.852708
g rice