MOVIES - The Professionals

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

MOVIES - The Professionals

Post by t.r. »

The Professionals is an older movie we viewed recently on DVD from NetFlix. This is a great western movie that stars Lee Marvin, Burt Lancaster, and others.

Truly awesome scenery and lots of action, too!!

Colt revolvers, lever guns, bolt action Mausers, and early machine guns featured.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Professionals

Post by BigSky56 »

Its a good movie Burt & Lee did alot of westerns that are classics, the age of good westerns is over I believe. danny
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Jr. bought that movie quite a while ago. Than campaign hat just looks natural on Lee Marvin.

I think classic movies are a thing of the past because classic actors are a thing of the past.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

BigSky56 wrote:Its a good movie Burt & Lee did alot of westerns that are classics, the age of good westerns is over I believe. danny
Nah, they're just not making as many any more so we appreciate the one's we get. For example Lonesome Dove, Open Range and several others.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Re: MOVIES - The Professionals

Post by CaptainFinn »

I bought my campaign hat because of Lee Marvin in this movie. :D Aftyer six years it has acquired a nice droopy comfortableness.

Now I'm wishing I'd held onto my old Colt 6" OP (although I heard Lee actually carried a 6" Police Positive in this movie). Have to make do with my 1909 New Service instead.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'll add it to the list! :D
kragluver
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kragluver »

We rented that movie off of Netflix a couple months ago. There are some neat firearms in the film that you don't often see in the movies - 1903s (both as '03s and as the Mexican "Mausers"), the 1917 Browning, an 1897 Winchester pump action, etc. Not many Westerns set in the early 20th Century!
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

I spotted a 1903 A3 in that flick too :lol: .. Loved Edmond O'brien in it too..
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Arminius
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Arminius »

... it´s a "Wild Bunch" type of weaponry ...

I like it very much, of course it´s in my collection.

But when I saw the Title I thought about Bodie and Doyle and CI 5 and Browning HiPowers ...

;-)

Hermann
gunner69
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gunner69 »

You guys must be psycic (spelling?) as I watched that Sunday night. Jack Palance (spelling again!) made a good Mexican Bandito. And Woody shot a mean arrow too. Good movie to watch...... :mrgreen:

Two weeks ago I watched The Rough Riders, another great movie. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And don't forget "The Wind and The Lion" with Connery the Arab...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

Most of todays actors just don't have "it".. that "bigger than life" power of projecting a character.... in a movie like this one...they WERE those guys they portrayed, they were BELIEVABLE.... most movies today, it's "just some guy acting".... semi-recent exceptions.... Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones... Jonny Depp as "Captain Jack Sparrow"..... etc... they did the role so well, who could take their place?? The other night.. a "NEW" Hawaii 5-0 aired.... sorry, but only Jack Lord could be McGarrett!!! You get the Idea.... Some were so darn good, everything else is a cheap imitation!
blueroan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by blueroan »

One of my all time favorites...lost some good parts of the book, but still an excellent movie.
"With some people, it is an accident of birth. But you, sir, are a self made man."

Appaloosa is the best recent movie I've seen. I bought the book...and the three that followed! (Robert Parker died last spring...might not be another manuscript completed.) I can only hope that Ed Harris and Vigo Mortenson continue in their roles.
When they said SHARPS, I always thought BIG 50!
kragluver
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kragluver »

"Appaloosa" was very good. I love the part where Ed Harris hits the bad guy across the face with his Colt and say something to effect that "Sam Colt sure does make a heavy firearm".

"The Wind and the Lion" is the quintessential Krag movie :mrgreen: Lots of Winchester '97s in that one too.