My New Black Widow PMAIII

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

My New Black Widow PMAIII

Post by Swampman »

A few 30 year old arrows from 10-20 yards and at various angles.

"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: My New Black Widow PMAIII

Post by KCSO »

How can you shoot that there's no WHEELS! Gosh it's nice to see somebody shooting a real bow for a change. That's a dandy.
woods-walker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by woods-walker »

That Bow is a real beauty! Nice shooting as well. Our weather finally cooled off here, think I'll get the bow's out this weekend. I think I'm running short on arrows, in fact I never have enough arrows...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Awesome. they make great bows. Its getting to be that time of the year. Nice shooting. hope you have great success with your bow. How about the specs?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

That is a beauty! What pound did you go with?
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

24 days til bow season..
nice bow!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I was shooting #55@28" but this one is #46@28". I shoot a lot better with it. It's 62" long.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

Nice bow!

Does it have any hand shock to it?
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Not that I can tell but I shot longbows for years.

Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Nice bow. I have been wanting to get into traditional archery for years. I really like the looks of the Black Widows and drive by their place on the way to the lake. It seems that whenever I have the cash, something more important comes along. It will happen though. Kevin
onegoodshot
Levergunner

Post by onegoodshot »

My father started me out with a Darton compound when I was 12 and I took my first doe. When I was 16 he got me a black widow mb and I hunted with it for many years. When I was in college, I was fortunate to travel around some with Stacy Groscup and throw (aspirins) :shock: for him in his expos. What a great opportunity to learn about tradtional bowhunting and listen to story afer story about bowhunting (and life). Groscup was friends with the who's who of archery and actually had one of the 4 documented bows that ISHI made.
For those not familiar with Rev Groscup
http://archeryhalloffame.org/inductee.aspx?id=49&v=1
When I graduated, my father got me a Zipper bow and I have Groscups signature on it.......
He passed away September 20, 2005 just a couple hours before my son was born..... I greatly miss that man.

Anyway, the BW are fantastic bows and yours is beautiful.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Thanks for sharing that. I just love traditional bows.

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I shoot my longbow every day, this 5 shot group was tonights from 12 yards. Bow is a bamboo, Wes Wallace, take-down, 64# at 29 1/4" draw. Arrows are wooden arrows I made a few years back, the last of that dozen.

Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Excellent shooting and a nice bow.

HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

Black Widow makes a very fine bow. I bought mine at 55# at 28" which was a mistake since I draw 32". So I learned a valuable lesson. But it was not the bows fault. I shot that bow very well, but the poundage was just too much. Always wanted to replace it with a lower poundage bow, but never did it.

And Mr. Groscup was one fine individual. I would say the best way to describe him was that he was a good man. And he sure could shoot his bow. But I always thought he was a better person than a bow shooter. Just my opinion of a very honorable man. Tom.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

They can put lower poundage limbs on any of their takedown bows.

Hungarian
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hungarian »

Awesome bow. Those blackwidows have an awesome reputation. I shoot a fred bear montanna longbow and I am learning how to make my own wood arrows. Sometimes it is great just to go out in the yard and shoot some arrows instead of driving 35 minutes to the rifle range for fun.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Yes it's very relaxing. I have to drive an hour to shoot guns.

Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I shoot a Black Widow longbow. They do make a fine bow. My son and I shoot alot. He is young and likes his training wheels but I'm just glad he is shootin. We live in a small town and we are able to stand in my driveway and shoot into a target in the garage. It's nice walking out our door to shoot as opposed to making arrangements with a buddy to shoot our guns.