Drag that 44-77 bn out of the mothballs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Don McDowell

Drag that 44-77 bn out of the mothballs

Post by Don McDowell »

Hello Don,

I was notified that we at Jamison International were to contact you when the .44-77 Sharps cartridge cases would be available for purchase. Well the wait is over and you can now purchase .44-77 Sharps brass on our website or you may call us at (605) 347-5090 to place an order. If you have any further questions for us you can e-mail me at tech.jamison@gmail.com or Kathy at jamisonintl@rushmore.com. Of course you may also call us with any of your questions and we would be happy to answer them.

--
Matthew Roden
Jamison International
3551 Mayer Ave.
Sturgis, SD 57785
605-347-5090
www.jamisoninternational.com
:mrgreen:
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Re: Drag that 44-77 bn out of the mothballs

Post by KirkD »

I'm almost tempted to place an order for that brass myself, even though I don't have a Shiloh Sharps to shoot it in, but just in case someday I do. I have gone to Shiloh website many a time to yearn. Glad to hear that brass is available for the 44-77.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Kirk I'm comtemplating having my cijsharps rebarreled whilst I wait... :?: Altho it's late enough in the shootin season now that just waiting the next few months will probably suffice.. :?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Don,

Reminds me of scrambling thru three seasons of BPCRS with just 110 pieces of 45 Basic sized and trimmed into .40-90SBN. Went to Nationals w/that same 110 pieces... Had to reload in the tent with brass just rinsed out and set out in the sun to dry. End up in a 7-way tie for 3rd in the "B" Class. Survived 2 rounds of the shoot off and ran out of BULLETS. MLV was shooting a .40-70SS that year and offered to give more boolits, but @ 420 grains to my 350 & 370s I thanked 'im and gratefully accepted my 7th place trophy! Over the following several years I picked up a box of Basic here and a box there up to havin' 180 total. (Yea, you'll get range loss even when empty brass costs $1.25/ea)!

Fast forward a coupla years and I found an ad from a dealer offerin' .40-90SBN headstamped Jamison brass @ $89/100! I jumped on it and ordered 100 pieces! And waited & waited, & waited some more. Finally after a year unanswered emails I get a reply. My brass came in... but there was a catch; all he'd recv'd was 200 pieces of Bertram brass, but it was correctly headstamped & formed. I could have the 200 pieces @ the 100/pc price (already paid for), and free shipping; OR, pay the new Jamison custom price & again start waiting. I felt like I'd been bait & switched... but I took the brass @ basically ½ off.

Wished I'd of done as Don and contacted Jamison direct!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Griff you may want to go ahead and contact Jamison.
I saw an email go by where Yellowhouse has requested some 40-70 bn and left them open to comptemplate some 44-90 bns.
Jamison has indicated that are interested in hearing from folks and what cartridges they would like to have made.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Don McDowell wrote: Jamison has indicated that are interested in hearing from folks and what cartridges they would like to have made.
I'll bet there would be a lot of people happy if they would make brass for the 43 Mauser, given how numerous those old guns are.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

We talkin 44-77 sharps and remington?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yes
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Brass arrived today. Very nice looking stuff, looks to be annealed nicely.
Rim measures .075 thick, and .625 in diameter.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I can't wait to hear how it works for ya. I always though a roller in 44-77 Remington would be fun.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Jeremy , unfortunately we're going to have to wait a year for the "proof" so to speak, my rifle won't be done probably until this time next year, unless I can figure out what sort of bribe Kirk and co at Shiloh might bite on.. :mrgreen:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Well if you figure that out share it. :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:mrgreen: So far it seems to be a closely guarded secret..... :D
Hardpan
Levergunner

Post by Hardpan »

I received my order last week... and the stuff is absolutely gorgeous! Excellent work, Jamisons~!

Just hope there's some remaining stock by the time next payday rolls around...
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Apparently, they have made a run of 45-75 and have that in stock as well. That will make some of our '76 shooters here very happy. Not cheap, but then you don't have to turn it or swage it either.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

If the information given me is correct the first batch of the 44-77 has sold out, a significant amount of the second run is spoke for. :D Looking more like we'll have properly headstamped brass for sometime to come.
:!: Thank you Jamison. :!:

Ps have seen two short mentions from folks that have recieved the brass and shot it already, and they are quite pleased with it.