1873 clone in .357mag opinions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MtnGun
Levergunner

1873 clone in .357mag opinions

Post by MtnGun »

Who owns one of these, and what do they think of it?
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Re: 1873 clone in .357mag opinions

Post by Terry Murbach »

ME.
I THINK OF IT AS A LEVERGUN.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Now there is an opinion.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

MtnGun wrote:Now there is an opinion.
And a good'un. If he didn't own one, I'd think ill of them. Go to the Articles page and peruse what's been written about 'em. If you have a more specific question, I'm sure you'd get more specific replies.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Griff,
As a matter of fact, the reply was a poor one. I could have sworn you asked questions here. Forget it.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

MtnGun wrote:Griff,
As a matter of fact, the reply was a poor one. I could have sworn you asked questions here. Forget it.
WE ARE NOT MIND READERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED FOR. WE DO NOT NEED YOUR BAD ATTITUDE NOW SINCE IT SEEMS YOU'RE ALSO NOT CAPABLE OF HAVING A LAUGH AND LEARNING FROM IT !!!
AND SO IT GOES...
MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Nor did you need to be a mind reader. That's right, I did not ask a specific question. I wanted a general opinion on the rifle/caliber in question. OK.....Here is specific. How does it feed? Will it feed Keith's? Does groove diameter run normal? How are the sights? Has anyone shot one enough to have an opinion how the .357 works in the'73 action? What rear sight comes on them? Are you happy with it?

Yes, I could have asked all of these specific questions. Was it really needed, or could I ask for a general opinion?

Mr. Murbach. I didn't have a bad attitude. And there was nothing for me to "learn" in your response. Unlike your fan Griff, I'll just bet there are things in this World you do NOT own, that I don't have to think illl of. Forgive me for not treating you like a God. No worries though, you have Griff.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

MtnGun wrote:Nor did you need to be a mind reader. That's right, I did not ask a specific question. I wanted a general opinion on the rifle/caliber in question. OK.....Here is specific. How does it feed? Will it feed Keith's? Does groove diameter run normal? How are the sights? Has anyone shot one enough to have an opinion how the .357 works in the'73 action? What rear sight comes on them? Are you happy with it?
Since there are now two makers of a '73 clone, and the Chapparrel's aren't very plentiful, you'll probably only get info on Ubertis. I have two toggle-links ('73 & a Henry), but mine are in .45Colt. Yet, I can say almost all I've seen in 25 years of cowboy shooting have not favored Keith designed bullets. Most stay w/RFN or truncated cone bullets. The critical feature on feeding is OAL of the cartridge and the length of the ramp in the front of the carrier. The longer that ramp, the more variance you have in OAL. But... a steeper ramp pushes cartridges back into the mag tube easier. My '73 sports sights that are virtually identical to an original Winchester. I happen to like 'em. Sights on carbines (Uberti) are the flip up ladder as the originals. Sights are NOT caliber specific. If the right bargain came along, or my wife said, "buy me one", I'd rush out and get one! Her guns are all .357, mine are .45.
Yes, I could have asked all of these specific questions. Was it really needed, or could I ask for a general opinion??
Slick, fun and boy howdy, did I say fun?
Mr. Murbach. I didn't have a bad attitude. And there was nothing for me to "learn" in your response. Unlike your fan Griff, I'll just bet there are things in this World you do NOT own, that I don't have to think illl of. Forgive me for not treating you like a God. No worries though, you have Griff.
I 'spec I ain't Terry's only fan. Would that he had need of fans... he might be a little less brusque. But, I also wish I had his knowledge base. If I had a question, Terry is one of a short list that I'd like an answer from. As you might guess, from Terry's abrupt answer above, I believe I correctly inferred that he likes his. I also wouldn't presume to think that because he does, so would I; except I have a '73, and since it ain't for sale, you might infer I like mine.

Hope the above is of some small help. If you don't have a retailer near you that stocks 'em; see if you can locate a SASS club and take a visit; I'm certain if you express an interrest, you'll be innundated with offers to try theirs! Be sure to ask what modifications they've done. Mine just happens to be stock, and I still think it's the cat's meow! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Now thank you, Griff. Responses like this are what I was looking for.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Now Terry can be gruff at times and once You hang around Here You won't think nothin of it.If You showed up on His porch in a blizzard He would give You the shirt off His back, all the while cussing You out for being so stupid.
Anyway the Uberti 73"s are excellent well made rifles and most are put together like Winchester would have made them. I had one in .45 colt and sold it as it was so pretty I didn't dare beat it up. one thing to keep in mind is that they are heavy.mine had a 24" half round/octogon barrel and was fine just for shootin but if You were going to use it alot it would get old. If I get another one I would look for one in .357 with a 20" barrel or a saddle ring carbine as they have round barrels. I also am looking for one that is well used so I don't feel bad when I drop it. :o .Good Luck.
N40W111
Levergunner

Post by N40W111 »

Ya know, I'm fairly new around here...but...an observation...
I keep reading everyone's apology for this Terry Murbach's lousy attitude...
Who bit you in the butt on everything, Terry? Get over yourself.

I like this forum because in general, people give good information and I feel there is some true knowledge about leverguns given here (such as Nate Kiowa Jones). Mr. Murbach, you may be the most knowledgeable, gun-hand this side of BFE or where ever you're from but you don't have to be a arrogant idiot about everybody's questions...get a life.
I'll continue to read and to post to this great forum but the moderators need to watch this troll...the original poster to this topic asked a legitimate question that many of us would like a straight answer to. Thanks to Griff for getting to the answer.
Sorry, I apologize for ranting but I'd read enough stuff by and about this dude. I know I'll get told to lay off and what a wonderful humanitarian he is but has it crossed anyone's mind that he may also be a first-class JERK? This forum deserves to lose readership if this guy is allowed to continue to bully everybody...and especially us newer readers of this forum. Nobody asked for some self-appointed forum cop.
Thanks for listening.
Last edited by N40W111 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

A number of the guys in our CASS shooting have .357 Uberti '73s with 20" octagon bbls and love them shooting powder puff 38spl loads. Most have added the 3rd gen shortened throw kit and some other slicking up and they run them hard. For CASS, they are hard to beat.

Now, if you were to want one for hunting using hot 357mag loads, then I'd strongly suggest that you look to a '92 Win design over the '73 for two reasons. 1st, the '73s are about 1½-2lbs heavier and, 2nd, the '92 have a stronger action that will stand up better to a steady diet of high pressure 357mag loads.

If you're asking which looks prettier, then 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.'
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

N40W111 wrote:Ya know, I'm fairly new around here...but...an observation...
I keep reading everyone's apology for this Terry Murbach's lousy attitude...
Who bit you in the butt on everything, Terry? Get over yourself.

I like this forum because in general, people give good information and I feel there is some true knowledge about leverguns given here (such as Nate Kiowa Jones). Mr. Murbach, you may be the most knowledgeable, gun-toter this side of BFE or where ever you're from but you don't have to be a arrogant idiot about everybody's questions...get a life.
I'll continue to read and to post to this great forum but the moderators need to watch this troll...the original poster to this topic asked a legitimate question that many of us would like a straight answer to. Thanks to Griff for getting to the answer.
Sorry, I apologize for ranting but I'd read enough stuff by and about this dude. I know I'll get told to lay off and what a wonderful humanitarian he is but this forum deserves to lose readership if this guy is allowed to continue to bully everybody.
Thanks for listening.
Sorry North40, but I've gotta respectfully disagree with ya there. If somebody wants to leave the forum because of a percieved slur from Mr. Murbach, then he's welcome to go. The easiest thing to do would be to just ignore his replys. We would probably miss them a lot less than we would Terry. When you take a little effort to look past Terry's sometimes brusque manner, you will realize that there is a world of knowledge there that will eventually come through.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I think Terry revels in being the center of attention for his brusque attitude. He aspires to be the site curmudgeon and succeeds admirably, however, he does know his stuff so if you can wade through the ego, his information is very helpful.
Steve
N40W111
Levergunner

Post by N40W111 »

That may well be true, but his message is LOST in his medium. It's OK to show some civility...it's not a weakness. We got beyond the hall bully who picks on everyone way back in high school. Enough said.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I AM AMAZED AT THE NUMBER OF YOU MEN HERE WHO DO NOT GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE DEALING WITH FIREARMS HERE, NOT PANTY HOSE OR POTATO CHIPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU CANNOT ASK A SIMPLE DIRECT QUESTION ON THAT SUBJECT YOU NEED TO GO ELSE WHERE TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LIKE " WHAT IS A SEVEN IRON?"

IF YOU CANNOT THINK OF WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR FIREARM DO NOT ASK SOME NEBULOUS NIINNY THING LIKE "IF YOU GOT A CARBINE IS IT SHORT ENOUGH ?"

I AM NOT THE PRIMA DONNA OF ANYTHING, I DO NOT CARE ANY WHATSOEVER WHETHER YOU, HIM , OR THE OTHER GUY LIKE ME, IT IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST HERE. FIREARMS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS !!!!!

THIS IS NOT THE OLD LADIES SEWING CIRCLE WHERE EVERYONE TALKS, NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT, AND NOTHING IS EVER SETTLED !!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT THE CENTER OF ATTENTION FOR ANYONE, ANYTHING, OR ANY SUBJECT.

I AM NOT THE RESIDENT CURMUDGEON BUT I COULD BE IF I WANTED TO DO SO !!!

I DO NOT SUFFER BLOWHARDS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM WHEN IT COMES TO FIREARMS. IF YOU WANNA HEAR B.S. AND CANNOT STAND THE TRUTH GO TO YOUR LOCAL GUNSHOP WHERE MOSTLY ALL YOU HEAR IS PRIME USDA BULLSHIQ..

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO NOR AMBITIOUS ENOUGH TO EDUCATE YOURSELF WITH THE MYRIAD OF GUNBOOKS AVAILABLE ON DARNED NEAR EVERY GUN EVER MADE DO NOT EXPECT TO COME HEAR AND BE GLEEFULLY SPOON FED PABLUM LIKE THE IRRITATAING BABY YOU STILL ARE EVIDENTLY.

I HAVE NOT SPENT 59 YEARS IN THE GUN AND AMMUNITION FIELD WITHOUT LEARNING A HELL OF A LOT AND I KNOW IT PERIOD !!! SO YOU ASK, YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER NO-IT-ALL HUH !!!?? NOT ******* HARDLY BUT I DO KNOW WHAT I KNOW, DO KNOW WHAT I DO NOT KNOW, AND DO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, AS I AM LEARNING NEW THINGS EVERYDAY.

FURTHERMORE...I AM NOT "BRUSQUE", I SIMPLY WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE TO LAZY TO HELP HIMSELF ENOUGH TO ASK AN INTELLIGENT QUESTION.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM ON THE INTERNET IT IS POPULATED WITH BLOWHARDS PONTIFICATIING ON THINGS THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND, DO NOT KNOW, AND DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, AS IT REQUIRES AN EFFORT TO DO SO. YOU ARE NOT DEALING WITH ONE OF THOSE YAHOOS HERE !!!!!!!!!!
THE FUNNY THING IS....I SEE MANY HERE WHO DO NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE AND WOULD RATHER PLAY PATTYCAKE THAN GET THE STRAIGHT SCOOP AND ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING SERIOUS.

NO ONE BIT ME IN THE BUTT, BUT IT DOES CHAP MY butt TO SEE THE SPORT I HAVE SPENT WELL OVER HALF A CENTURY SUPPORTING NOW BE BASTARDIZED BY YAHOOS MOST OF WHICH EVIDENTLY CANNOT EVEN ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION, CANNOT USE THE LONG ESTABLISHED TERMINOLOGY ON THE SUBJECT THEY PURPORT TO BE INTERESTED IN HERE ON LEVERGUNS, AND HAVE A HALF VAST ATTITUDE WHEN THEY GET CALLED ON IT.

NOW...DO NOT FOR A SECOND THINK I AM THE ONLY GUY ON HERE WHO REALLY DOES KNOW STRAIGHT UP FROM SICCUM. THERE ARE MANY, MANY, MANY, AND MOST OF 'EM ARE PRETTY DARNED NICE FELLOWS....44PETE....ADIRONDAKJACK...STEVE THE WILD KIOWA...HOBIE....THESE COME TO MIND AND I AM FORGETTING THE VAST MAJORITY WHO REALLY DO KNOW THEIR SUBJECT ALSO, ARE FUN TO SEE HERE, AND I'LL BET ARE FUN TO BOOT, PERIOD.

AND LASTLY....MOST ALL OF THE SO-CALLED COMPLAINTS HERE ON THIS SUBJECT ARE PURELY PC CLAPTRAP "YOU HURT MY FEELINGS YOU CAN'T TALK TO ME THAT WAY OH WOE IS ME YOU CANNOT MAKE ME THINK.....".....AD INFINITUM...
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

I've got a Beretta/Uberti Renegade, which is a '73 clone. It's already short-stroked, but the springs are heavy in it and I haven't gotten them changed yet so the gun is still stiff. It's accurate with my hand load, my cast 158gr RFN bullet loaded to about 1100 fps out of a rifle, but it does NOT like Keith or SWC type bullets, it won't cycle them cleanly. I think I could get it to by experimenting with the OAL and the roll crimp just don't have the desire to.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

No Terry, you don't get it.

People have varying degrees of expertise in firearms and also varying degrees of expertise in expressing themselves. You sir, require a certain high level of knowledge to avoid your vitriolic response knowing full well that many average (or above average) shooters can't reach that level. Their comments then give you license to launch into your self aggrandizing soliloquies secure in the knowledge that "they brought this on themselves".

Face it Terry, you love to put down those who you feel don't measure up to your knowledge base. I'd love to get you in a room, one on one, for a discussion about the world in general. When I discovered your weak areas, I'd crucify you in your ignorance to show you what it's like to be on the receiving end of your nonsense.

Terry, you're a smart guy and could be a real asset to the folks here (as well as the other sites you've been thrown off of). Unfortunately, your decision to be the village curmudgeon, relegates most of your replies to simply the 'Theatre of the Absurd'.

It's a shame because you have so much more knowledge and wisdom to give than that.
Steve
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

COSteve wrote:No Terry, you don't get it.

People have varying degrees of expertise in firearms and also varying degrees of expertise in expressing themselves. You sir, require a certain high level of knowledge to avoid your vitriolic response knowing full well that many average (or above average) shooters can't reach that level. Their comments then give you license to launch into your self aggrandizing soliloquies secure in the knowledge that "they brought this on themselves".

Face it Terry, you love to put down those who you feel don't measure up to your knowledge base. I'd love to get you in a room, one on one, for a discussion about the world in general. When I discovered your weak areas, I'd crucify you in your ignorance to show you what it's like to be on the receiving end of your nonsense.

Terry, you're a smart guy and could be a real asset to the folks here (as well as the other sites you've been thrown off of). Unfortunately, your decision to be the village curmudgeon, relegates most of your replies to simply the 'Theatre of the Absurd'.

It's a shame because you have so much more knowledge and wisdom to give than that.
THIS IS PURE ABSOLUTE BULL pelosi, STEVE. I HAVE BEEN TOSSED OFF THREE SITES AND YOU HAVE NOT TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT IT YET. ON THE S&W SITE I ASKED THE QUESTIONS. IT EMBARRASSED THEM AS THEY COULD NOT ANSWER THEM. ON THE RUGERFORUM.NET I CAME TO THE DEFENSE OF MY FRIENDS , TAFFIN AND LINEBAUGH, AFTER THEY WERE CASTIGATED BY A NINCOMEPPOP, GARY BUNKER, THERE. I DOUBT YOU WILL EVER UNDERSTAND THAT STEVE !! I DOUBT YOU'D EVER DO THAT FOR ANYONE. FURTHERMORE I DID NOT---NOT---SAY NOR CLAIM TO BE THE SITE CURMUDGEON HERE. AT LEAST GET THE EASY STUFF RIGHT FOR CHRISSAKES !!!
AS FOR SPENDING A MOMENT TALKING WITH YOU, STEVE....WELL I SEE NO POINT WASTING MY TIME WITH ANY KIND OF FORMER GUMMIT MAN.
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor

Post by Nate Kiowa Jones »

MtnGun wrote:Who owns one of these, and what do they think of it?
As mentioned there are two makers although the chaparral version is no longer imported. They had some QC problems that were never addressed. The better gun is the Uberti, but as co steve said the 73 isn't the strongest action. For casual use they will probably do just fine but I work on these guns for the CAS competitors and I can tell you some will shoot loose over time. Part of the problem may be because Uberti has been known to send them out with excessive headspace knowning the guns will most likely be used with light 38 spec CAS loads. But even with these light CAS 38's and the high round count these CAS folks shoot, a gun with excessive headspace tends to gets more loose. If you plan on a steady diet of heavy 357m loads go with the marlin 1894 or the Rossi/Win 92. Either will handle the higher pressures and they both tend to cycle ammo the 73 chokes on, like SWC.

Terry,
If these folk's questions annoy you so much why do you even both to answer. :?: :roll:
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550

http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Mr. Murbach,

It's hard to follow your posts. I'm assuming you directed some of that puke you wrote, to my original post. I have some advice for you.

First, set the drink down before you type. Second, do us a favor and take a couple Shut-the-****-Up pills. I got lots of information off this thread. Sorry to say, NONE of it was from you. Many thanks to the rest of you men.

Murbach, you get lots of credit for your "reputation".....Maybe you've rode that horse to death....
jp
Levergunner

Post by jp »

I'm beginning to see why this man was kicked off 3 forums. Typing is all cap's, the belief that he's always right' and the rest of us are wrong' just screams LOOK AT ME. Cute in a first grader, but unbecoming in a grown man.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I look forward to Terry's posts, be they funny or serious, he knows his stuff and speaks his mind.
As Terry said, this ain't an old ladies sewing circle. :lol:
I too have felt the rough edge of Terry's tongue because of the different terminology of UK and USA firearm terms, I'm thick skinned enough to not get all upset about it. I have never met Mr Murbach but I sure would like to shake his hand some day.

By the way the Uberti 73 I had (although not in .357) was an excellent firearm.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Terry Murbach wrote: THE BIGGEST PROBLEM ON THE INTERNET IT IS POPULATED WITH BLOWHARDS PONTIFICATIING ON THINGS THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND, DO NOT KNOW, AND DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, AS IT REQUIRES AN EFFORT TO DO SO.
True, true. And the second biggest problem on the internet is that it is populated with rude jerks who forgot everything their momma or their pastor ever told them about how to treat other people.

Just me talkin',
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
montanafan
Levergunner

Post by montanafan »

[quote="COSteve"]No Terry, you don't get it.

I concur. I am a lever "noob," but a long time shooter. I found the forum posts by COSteve to be an excellent resource of knowledge in my search/modifying my 357 92. Thanks for all the helpful posts. The rest is trash to wade through. GET IT?
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

Quote>>>>"I AM AMAZED AT THE NUMBER OF YOU MEN HERE WHO DO NOT GET IT" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um sir. did you ever stop to consider..."What if it isn't everyone else that is wrong"??? And that "maybe, you aren't the only right guy in the universe"????
Knowledge is great, which is why I ask questions here if I don't know something, so many guys here, DO! If you prefer to act like a tyrant and Prima Donna (look it up if you don't know, don't ASK anyone!!).. forum boards are not hard to set up, You might try your own, then you can be "King" of your own realm! The rest of us I do believe, will just trudge along here, acting civil, asking questions, passing along jokes, getting along and having fun! Now, do you want to be IN, or OUT??? That's your call....... :D
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I dont own a 357 ....yet :wink:
But I do own a couple of 73s in 44-40 and 45lc
and I think the ubertis and their spin offs are fantastic guns
If you really want a repro 73
my first choice would be Uberti
second is close between Cimarron or Taylors...higher end and
many different configurations
I have one from Stoeger and one from EMF...
Fit and finish is superb on both but the trigger is real heavy
on the EMF... they are all basically Ubertis....
Lots of the SASS guys use the 357/38 and put the short throw
kits in them.....
and as long as you dont use really hot loads... they will work great....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

just read some of the other posts.......
Holy cr@p...... guys......lighten up.....

whatever 73 you buy.....you will enjoy it!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The various '73s in .357 I have shot I have enjoyed. If the laws had gone the wrong way one would be my wife's primary rifle, instead, she got the AR she wanted.

Among many I know who generally don't know much about guns (or "enough") they think I'm some sort of genius. I'll admit having studied a ton and know quite a bit, but I also know others know a lot more than I do in various fields and feel free to admit I don't know everything about anything.....and never will.

Due to his lack of knowledge of the secret capslock key, I generally skip Terry's posts. If he does know something, that knowledge I'm afraid will remain unimparted.

Ubertis seem to work well unless you get a little wild in experimentation with too many loads, but as I don't reload, this would not be a real problem I think.

Having known quite a few (extraordinarily knowledgable) guys who are gruff.........even they don't come across like Terry does.

Whatever he knows, Jeff Cooper he is not when in control of a keyboard.

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other.
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

Terry Murbach wrote:.... BUT IT DOES CHAP MY butt TO SEE THE SPORT ...
I have called Terry out on this before. In that sentence is PROOF that he can type in lower case so he obviously chooses not to. Being an expert at anything does not mean you are an expert at everything. Being told repeatedly that it is considered rude to type in all caps and then continue to do it shows that you do not care about what the polite rules are.

So Terry, really... who doesn't get it? The OP did not say or spout or claim to be anything other than a question asker. Because you have spent 59 years learning a subject, we all should do the same?!? Isn't what separates us from the lesser apes, the abilitiy to learn from other than only personal experience? Reading books is fine. But for me personaly - and I am not defending anyone - I personally learn from reading things on the internet. This is just another form for education. He didn't ask to be spoon fed pablum (one of your favorite statements) and if you don't like the question, why respond at all except to excite a response?

Whether the OPs original question was valid or not is moot.... apparently someone understood it because he got a couple of great answers. You may not aspire to curmudgeonness, but you absolutely and most certainly succeed in it. I respect your knowledge as much as anyone, but I won't shy away from telling you when you are being an a**hole.... and Terry you are being an a**hole!

An absolutely encyclopedic warehouse of knowledge you are. A good teacher and communicator - at least on the internet - you are not. So completely different from that in person though.... hmmmm... so who really doesn't get it? hmmmm...
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I'm a big believer in not putting anything online that I wouldn't say to a man's face.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Warhawk wrote:I'm a big believer in not putting anything online that I wouldn't say to a man's face.
A wise position.
Steve
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

Indeed
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

This topic should probably die but I'll weigh in on it because I've never been accused of being smart. No one here has the words to make me angry; if I don't like what's behind door no. 1, I'll go to door no. 2. I refuse to engage in a "He's lookin' at me." bar fight; I'm not 25 anymore. I've read where the maker delights in infinite diversity so I guess I can put up with any kind of personality differences on this forum. As far as all caps go; I could care less. I'll admit that lower case is at least for me easier on the eyes. On the other hand no one can make me believe that all caps is easier to type. It's a personal choice. The people who declared that all caps was shouting are the same people who told us we had to cut our meat with the right hand and then lay the knife down and switch the fork from the left to the right is the only civilized way to eat. So....anyway get that Uberti and put the low powered stuff through it and have a blast.

Keep your stick on the ice; hit the ball and touch 'em all.

Bob in NE Indiana
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

The Uberti 1873 is the ants pants. Dont own one in 357 but a couple of shooting buddies do and they swear by them.
I shoot one in 44WCF and fed the right handload its a tack-driver when I do my part well. I am sure you will be well pleased with a Uberti. Someday I shall own a couple more when finances permit.

Regards
Bob
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Markbo wrote:
Terry Murbach wrote:.... BUT IT DOES CHAP MY butt TO SEE THE SPORT ...
I have called Terry out on this before. In that sentence is PROOF that he can type in lower case so he obviously chooses not to. Being an expert at anything does not mean you are an expert at everything. Being told repeatedly that it is considered rude to type in all caps and then continue to do it shows that you do not care about what the polite rules are.

So Terry, really... who doesn't get it? The OP did not say or spout or claim to be anything other than a question asker. Because you have spent 59 years learning a subject, we all should do the same?!? Isn't what separates us from the lesser apes, the abilitiy to learn from other than only personal experience? Reading books is fine. But for me personaly - and I am not defending anyone - I personally learn from reading things on the internet. This is just another form for education. He didn't ask to be spoon fed pablum (one of your favorite statements) and if you don't like the question, why respond at all except to excite a response?

Whether the OPs original question was valid or not is moot.... apparently someone understood it because he got a couple of great answers. You may not aspire to curmudgeonness, but you absolutely and most certainly succeed in it. I respect your knowledge as much as anyone, but I won't shy away from telling you when you are being an a**hole.... and Terry you are being an a**hole!

An absolutely encyclopedic warehouse of knowledge you are. A good teacher and communicator - at least on the internet - you are not. So completely different from that in person though.... hmmmm... so who really doesn't get it? hmmmm...
Markbo,
That sentence is not proof that Terry can type in small case, it's proof that he typed a word that the forum censor replaced. His original sentence no doubt went like this:
.... BUT IT DOES CHAP MY @.$.$. TO SEE THE SPORT ...
then the censor changed it to butt with small case letters.

As for his typing in all caps goes you and the others who constantly jump his case over this are what has caused his short, curt, attitude.
In this case, you are the cause, not Terry.

JMNSHO

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

to the op's question the 73's are great but don't shoot hot loads in them as has been stated many times in here, as far as the rest of this thread well i got a good laugh, but this was getting old. but then im grown up now at my meager 44 years of age and i have been shooting sine i was five and reloading since 14 and i learn something new every day.
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

Wow.
I've looked in for five or six years now - learned a lot; very cautious about asking a question!
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor

Post by Nate Kiowa Jones »

I think it's time to let it go.

:roll:
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550

http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

Markbo

Post by Markbo »

J Miller wrote:....As for his typing in all caps goes you and the others who constantly jump his case over this are what has caused his short, curt, attitude. In this case, you are the cause, not Terry. JMNSHO
Joe...
Joe that may be the funniest thing I've ever read! Image

I assure you that Terry Murbach has been short and terse LOOOONG before I ever saw his name on an Internet forum! I have spoken with him. I know for a fact that on the phone and in person he does not come across that way at all, and that is why I am careful to clarify that. He CHOOSES to post as he posts, just like we all do. Don't blame me for his behavior, just like I won't blame you for mine. :wink:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Markbo wrote:
J Miller wrote:....As for his typing in all caps goes you and the others who constantly jump his case over this are what has caused his short, curt, attitude. In this case, you are the cause, not Terry. JMNSHO
Joe...
Joe that may be the funniest thing I've ever read! Image

I assure you that Terry Murbach has been short and terse LOOOONG before I ever saw his name on an Internet forum! I have spoken with him. I know for a fact that on the phone and in person he does not come across that way at all, and that is why I am careful to clarify that. He CHOOSES to post as he posts, just like we all do. Don't blame me for his behavior, just like I won't blame you for mine. :wink:
Markbo,

I'm really glad I said something funny enough to make you laugh.

As for Terry I've not spoken to him on the phone, but I've emailed with him a few times and I find his emails quite interesting, blunt and to the point.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***