After 30 years

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stinkycat
Levergunner 1.0

After 30 years

Post by stinkycat »

After 30 years of looking finally found a 99 Savage in 250-300, made in 1949. Have seen a lot in 300 308 243 etc. never a clean one in 250. Must get dies, brass bullets try to get it going for deer season.Image
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: After 30 years

Post by iceman »

Nice clean looking rifle! Have fun working up your loads and let us have a range report. I found one on a Canadian site for $450 but discription didn't sound great.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

Congratulations on finding the prize! Its great to finally reach a successful end to a long quest. Looks like a dandy! If you need someone to check it out first, send it here. I better warn you I'm running about three years behind though.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

She's a beauty! They don't make them like that anymore... Savages always ran about 10% or more than the rest of the standard leverguns & well worth it too...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

I have one coming to me right now. However I do sincerely wish that I would have never received the rifle. It belonged to my favorite uncle. He was my buddy all my life. The two of us spent alot of time in the woods and on the lakes fishing(all my life). He always promised me that he would leave me his 99 in 250-3000. And now it is on it's way to me. So that is why I never wanted to receive it. However it is priceless to me. Any time I ever needed advice on anything I ever did, I could call him. And we would talk, and he would listen. And I would normally always do what he recommended. He always had my best interest in mind. People like that are hard to find. Especially after my dad died. My dad and I were also very close. But I could not talk to my dad the way I talked to my uncle. My dad would get mad from time to time and judge me, were my uncle never did. It is great to have a couple of MEN like that in your life. Tom.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Meow ....... purrrrrrrrr prrrrrrrrrr prrrrrrrrr Joey likey that Savage.

Seriously of all the non tube magazine lever guns, the Savage is the only one I like. Yet I've never had one. Some day I must remedy that.

Don't forget the range report.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Nice! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
Tumbleweeds II
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tumbleweeds II »

That's as nice a .250 as I have ever seen. Well worth waiting for. 8)
Formerly known as "Tumbleweeds"
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Stinkycat, you are one lucky fella. Like you I've been waiting 30 years to lay my grub grabbers on a slick '99 in .250-3000, and I know where there are two of them! Maybe I'll be next. :wink:

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

classic rifle...indeed!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

HEAD0001 wrote:I have one coming to me right now. However I do sincerely wish that I would have never received the rifle. It belonged to my favorite uncle. He was my buddy all my life. The two of us spent alot of time in the woods and on the lakes fishing(all my life). He always promised me that he would leave me his 99 in 250-3000. And now it is on it's way to me. So that is why I never wanted to receive it. However it is priceless to me. Any time I ever needed advice on anything I ever did, I could call him. And we would talk, and he would listen. And I would normally always do what he recommended. He always had my best interest in mind. People like that are hard to find. Especially after my dad died. My dad and I were also very close. But I could not talk to my dad the way I talked to my uncle. My dad would get mad from time to time and judge me, were my uncle never did. It is great to have a couple of MEN like that in your life. Tom.
Beautiful rifle SC. Congrats! Very good words Head. Sorry to hear of his passing.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Good on you! Now don't place a post in a couple of months asking if you should get rid of it - the answer is already "No!"
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good on you. Nice rifle.
Old Law Dawg
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Your .250 looks like it's a Model 99-EG, stinky - and looks to be in great shape. Good luck with it.

I've had a couple of .250's in the past, but have always wanted a .300 that wasn't a "grey rat".

I traded into one last week - a 1956 M99-EG

Hecter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hecter »

That is one good looking post war EG. In my opinion the best looking Savage 99 ever made. I have a couple that I load for. Load 100 gr. bullets and you will have the best deer gun around. Looks like you have a real winner.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats!!! 8)
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:mrgreen:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson