Hello Everyone - extreme forum!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hello Everyone - extreme forum!

Post by 20cows »

Howdy!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

welcome
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

THIS FORUM IS NOT---NOT !!!---EXTREME, AND I FOR ONE OF MANY FOR darn SURE AM NOT A "DUDE".
DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A "DUDE" IS ??
AND FURTHERMORE, JUST WHAT IS THAT ALTERNATE LEVERGUNS SITE YOU PUT IN YOUR POST ??
I SMELL A RAT HERE, MEN.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is likely new parlance "dude", time marches on. Just watched The Cowboys last night - brings tears to my eyes when they shoot the bad guys.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Terry, you may be right on this one. could be
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Spammer
NRA Life Member
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

No problem dude, enjoy the visit.

Whats up with the links to your supplements? Do you like to pump up a juicy shred before you go to the range? :lol:

Hmmmmmmm --- all the "helpful supplement links" are to the same online wholesaler in the UK. :lol: :lol:

This spammer needs to check the photo section and see some of the wild and woolly physiques represented. Sports nutrition for a lot of levergunners is a pot of black coffee and half a sack of beef jerky :lol:
----- Doug
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Terry Murbach wrote:THIS FORUM IS NOT---NOT !!!---EXTREME, AND I FOR ONE OF MANY FOR darn SURE AM NOT A "DUDE".
AND FURTHERMORE, JUST WHAT IS THAT ALTERNATE LEVERGUNS SITE YOU PUT IN YOUR POST ??
I SMELL A RAT HERE, MEN.
Terry! Back away from the keyboard and calm down.

First of all I note that Terry can, in fact, type in lower case ( see "darn" above) so I believe in the spirit of good internet manners, that he should continue with that practice or risk being judged as rude.

Next, where do you read that any 'other' sites are levergun ones? What is it that compels you to so often jump to such extreme conclusions?

Finally, that said, I do wonder about the general tone myself, just not enough to send up the "I smell a rat..." alarm just yet. I'm willing to at least give the guy a chance.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

1. Dumb Question - why would a 'spammer' or 'rat' bother to post such a post? What would the gain be? If they were out to sell something wouldn't they just make their pitch immediately? I see his 'tag line' has products he sells, though, so I guess we wait and see if he posts anything with true 'levergun' content, vs. a "Hey you guys, you need to buy my stuff, and that's cool what you do with those lever-thingies, whatever they are..." :roll:

2. Observation - although in general I feel the timeless obligation to be skeptical about "the younger generation these days", judging them the same way my parent's generation judged mine, and so on, back to the days of Abraham no doubt, I DO KNOW PLENTY OF VERY serious, pro-gun, (pro-levergun, even) folks who use the term 'dudes' just like us geezers would use the term 'guys', so I have learned to ignore language differences amongst generations.

Anyone who is pro-gun pretty much should be pro-freedom, unless they're just all about their walnut-and-blued-steel fetish (mostly that's us old guys) and oblivious to the fact that those butt-ugly plastic-and-black guns are the contemporary flintlock, and contribute more to social stability than our 'sporting' firearms. Anyone who is pro-freedom is on my team, and welcome around my campfire 24/7. If they share my interest for LEVERGUNS, so much the better... 8)

Now, this 'dude' may be a computerized spamming cyborg from another planet, for all I know, but hopefully he's just not the type who realized it would have been nice to introduce himself and where he's from, or what interests him about leverguns, etc. (even a 'spammer' with much sense would at least try to enhance his 'credibility' by trying to post something with a bit more 'content' in terms of introduction or hobby-related comments). I used to communicate like that though, back a half century ago, myself.

So either he's a not-too-bright spammer, or a not-too-loquacious young'un. :|

I hope he posts again and becomes part of the wide and diverse bunch of folks around the world we call 'levergunners'. The world could use more of us, in my opinion. :wink:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, we shall see if there is a number 2 post. Looks like a smooth intro for his links...

Regardless, nonWeerycle, stick around and welcome to the board.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

COSteve wrote:Terry! Back away from the keyboard and calm down.

First of all I note that Terry can, in fact, type in lower case ( see "darn" above) so I believe in the spirit of good internet manners, that he should continue with that practice or risk being judged as rude.

Next, where do you read that any 'other' sites are levergun ones? What is it that compels you to so often jump to such extreme conclusions?
COSteve

Rude is someone who is constantly trying to correct and subvert others to there way of thinking. Especially in a public place/forum.
If you don't like Terry's use of caps send him a PM and discusses your sensitivity personally.

Really rude is: GET OFF TERRY'S CASE AND TEND YOUR OWN CORROSPONDENCE AS YOU SEE FIT.
Last edited by Tom Richardson on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

this is a greasy tongued snake oil drummer selling products from the UK. "hint" the product line below the post! Terry can smell a pelosi bird too. danny
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

COSteve wrote:
Terry Murbach wrote:THIS FORUM IS NOT---NOT !!!---EXTREME, AND I FOR ONE OF MANY FOR darn SURE AM NOT A "DUDE".
I SMELL A RAT HERE, MEN.
Terry! Back away from the keyboard and calm down.

Finally, that said, I do wonder about the general tone myself, just not enough to send up the "I smell a rat..." alarm just yet. I'm willing to at least give the guy a chance.
WE ARE TAKING ON LEVERGUNS.COM AS WE SPEAK.
HE SHOWS UP WITH A LEVERGUNS.ORG.
IF THAT IS NOT A SHADOW SITE OF THIS, WHAT IS IT, AND WHY ??
THE darn WAS LOWER CASE BECAUSE I HAD A SWEAR WORD THERE THE ONSITE FILTER CHANGED.
WHAT IS ALL THE COMMERCIAL STUFF LISTED ON HIS POST ??
I STILL SMELL A RAT, MEN.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Terry Murbach wrote:WE ARE TAKING ON LEVERGUNS.COM AS WE SPEAK.
HE SHOWS UP WITH A LEVERGUNS.ORG.
IF THAT IS NOT A SHADOW SITE OF THIS, WHAT IS IT, AND WHY ??
"Leverguns.org" is the parent site (or something like that) called "Sixshooter Community" that lists "leverguns.com" as the name of THIS forum (link takes you here). I still type that to get here (via link) when I am at another person's computer where I have to type the whole name vs. just click on one of my 'favorites', just to save keystrokes.

Terry Murbach wrote:THE darn WAS LOWER CASE BECAUSE I HAD A SWEAR WORD THERE THE ONSITE FILTER CHANGED."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now THAT'S just 'DARNED' funny, whether you all are on the 'PRO-CAPS' or 'anti-caps' side of the Great How-Terry-Murbach-Should-Type debate.

(Personally, I don't care HOW Terry types; I will graciously 'allow' him to have his quirks - even though I'm sure God appointed me to keep him in line in terms of internet social decorum. :roll: Besides, he DOES know his LEVERGUNS, and it makes his posts easier to find! :wink: )

Maybe Terry just needs to SWEAR more, and let the filter turn his posts into lower-case, so everyone is happy... :wink:

Terry Murbach wrote:WHAT IS ALL THE COMMERCIAL STUFF LISTED ON HIS POST ??
You're probably right, Terry - I'd not be as skeptical if it were "Joe's Rebluing service" or something more gun-related; at least THAT would reflect a genuine interest in firearms.

Terry Murbach wrote:I STILL SMELL A RAT, MEN.
...don't you mean, "I STILL SMELL A RAT, DUDES...?" :lol:

Dunno about you guys, but even though I got the day off work, I have to depart this thrilling debate, and go work on the Honey-Do list... :cry:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

I'm with Terry and Tom.
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Well the selling links are gone, next post is do or die.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I agree with Terry, I smell a rat.
Ricky

DWWC
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST OVERLY CRITICAL, AND DON'T MISS A CHANCE TO JUMP ALL OVER SOMEONE, WITH LITTLE OR NO PROVOCATION. ADDING TO THE PROBLEM, JUST LIKE A PRECOCIOUS BRAT, A LOT OF GUYS THINK HE'S A "CUTE", LOVEABLE OLD CURMUDGEON.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

airedaleman wrote:I'm with Terry and Tom.
+1

Thanx, David.

Terry, "Dude" is hip, dope-smoker slang for "guy". Still smacks of "greenhorn" to me.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Welcome aboard.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: scoot over and share

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

mikld wrote:SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST OVERLY CRITICAL, AND DON'T MISS A CHANCE TO JUMP ALL OVER SOMEONE, WITH LITTLE OR NO PROVOCATION. ADDING TO THE PROBLEM, JUST LIKE A PRECOCIOUS BRAT, A LOT OF GUYS THINK HE'S A "CUTE", LOVEABLE OLD CURMUDGEON.
I understand that you all think Terry walks on water and all but why is it that you allow him to run his mouth and slam anyone he chooses, complain bitterly when they attempt to defend themselves, slam anyone who mentions Terry's poor manners, yet have the nerve to pretend that this site is a respectful, civilized, and adult site that cherishes Christian values including humility, humanity, and temperance?

The reference to 'brat' sure rings true with me. And on that vein, why do you all think that Terry gets banned from other sites? Are other posters picking on him there too? Come on guys, this is supposed to be a friendly, respectable site where consideration and judgment are cherished. Why isn't that required for all members?
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Because Terry is usually right on the money.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

COSteve wrote:
mikld wrote:SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST OVERLY CRITICAL, AND DON'T MISS A CHANCE TO JUMP ALL OVER SOMEONE, WITH LITTLE OR NO PROVOCATION. ADDING TO THE PROBLEM, JUST LIKE A PRECOCIOUS BRAT, A LOT OF GUYS THINK HE'S A "CUTE", LOVEABLE OLD CURMUDGEON.
I understand that you all think Terry walks on water and all but why is it that you allow him to run his mouth and slam anyone he chooses, complain bitterly when they attempt to defend themselves, slam anyone who mentions Terry's poor manners, yet have the nerve to pretend that this site is a respectful, civilized, and adult site that cherishes Christian values including humility, humanity, and temperance?

The reference to 'spoiled brat' sure rings true with me. And on that vein, why do you all think that Terry gets banned from other sites? Are other posters picking on him there too? Come on guys, this is supposed to be a friendly, respectable site where consideration and judgment are cherished. Why isn't that required for all members?
T'was "precocious"... but, in answer to your question, it's because he's usually right. That may not be sufficient, so I'll add that from my perspective, he's been here longer than any one else, and often sez what I'm thinkin', but don't because I don't have the personal relationship with our hosts that he does. Nor do I presume that he doesn't get dressed down by our hosts when he oversteps their hospitality and generosity. The PM feature is great for that chore.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Site explored, poster banned, topic locked.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson