OT picked up my Stoger Condor Supreme

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

OT picked up my Stoger Condor Supreme

Post by iceman »

I went and picked up my new to me over/under 12ga today. It is used but in very nice shape. 4 choke tubes, automatic ejectors, single trigger, 26" barrels. I asked the fellow behind the counter for a box to put it in and he said sure be right back. When he came back he said "I can't find a box , but here is an old hard sided case you can have no charge" Pretty hard to argue with that. All in all I think I did ok for $300 out the door.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT picked up my Stoger Condor Supreme

Post by madman4570 »

One word for their stuff!-----------------Sturdy!
Nice! :mrgreen:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

That should do nicely. :mrgreen:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That's wonderful.....They make good shotguns :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hey that looks like one of them gang banger shotguns. You gotta turn it sideways to get the barrels to line up right. :twisted:

J :lol: e
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

J Miller wrote:Hey that looks like one of them gang banger shotguns. You gotta turn it sideways to get the barrels to line up right. :twisted:

J :lol: e
:lol:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Nice one iceman :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations, that looks like it would be right at home on the sporting clays range. :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rusty wrote:Congratulations, that looks like it would be right at home on the sporting clays range. :D
Or Skeet field! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

My plans for it is primarily small game. It is not really heavy around 7 lbs. Since it can take 3" shells, in the early fall a lot of my bird hunting is near corn fields and sometimes Canada geese are around. Later in the fall I switch to my 870 20ga. As for skeet etc not really, maybe once in a while a few of the guys will pick up some clays and we will blast away at them. :D :D At that price I couldn't leave it there.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

iceman wrote:All in all I think I did ok for $300 out the door.
great buy - beauty, especially for that price
Billy Boy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Billy Boy »

Howdy fellers!
Have to agree with Griff and Rusty!
I've had a Condor for about 6 years that I won working the DU booth at the Rockland County Oudoor Expo in NYS. Great gun for the money! Shoulders beautifully too! Put a Hi-Viz Fiber Optic sight and a steel med bead as well as a Limbsaver buttpad and it makes a real nice field gun.
Have to admit I AM saving for a nice Beretta, Browning or Ruger O/U for this Xmas though!
BB

:wink:
You can get alot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone!
Al Capone
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I just bought a Youth model in 20 ga with screw in chokes (3") today at Cabelas in Sidney used in nice shape for $280 out the door. Know nothing about it but it looks sturdy and handles nice (I'm short armed). Glad to hear them getting good reviews.. One question... which barrel does the single trigger fire first? does the recoil cock the second barrel? Thanks Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

I think it's a great buy, with caviats. A trap shooting friend bought one that had really bad trigger and each barrel shot to a different point of aim. If you pattern it and its OK,You did well.
The Savage, Baikal and yours have a lot of those problems. If you have one without problems, You got a great buy. Beats the hell out of a $2600 Browning.
Billy Boy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Billy Boy »

Howdy fellers!
Try going to ShotgunWorld.com and check out the Stoeger forum thereabouts. You will find varied opinions like with anything. They are imported from Brazil if I'm not mistaken. They are not considered to be high-end by any stretch. They can make good field guns. They are not known for standing up to the rigors of constant skeet or trap shooting. Bottom line is that mine is a gun I have no qualms over taking into the field for a pheasant hunt where it might get scratched(like my 37 year old Beretta did last year climbing over a barbed wire fence!).
You truly get what you pay for in this case. Just don't expect it to be what it's not.
Enjoy in good health and keep yer powder dry pardner!
BB

:wink:
You can get alot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone!
Al Capone
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Les Staley. You can select which barrel with the safety button. 1 is the bottom barrel and 2 is the top. Yes recoil resets the firing system to the next barrel. If you have a dud round and obviously no recoil, you can reapply the safety, remove the safety and the next barrel will fire if loaded. Sort of a fail safe system.