Range Safety... Local Accident

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Range Safety... Local Accident

Post by Hillbilly »

A couple of nights ago in Edmond Ok...

A local indoor range had to make a 911 call for a patron. Seems he had a open box of ammo (out of the cardboard, still in the tray) on the booth's bench. While shooting his magazine either fell or was ejected and landed on one of the cartridges on the bench, detonation of a primer and the rupture of a live cartridge occured.

EMT and Police responded. Victim was transported to local hospital. From what we hear- he was lacerated and treated.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Range Safety... Local Accident

Post by rjohns94 »

just got to be thinking all the time. hope injuries were not too serious.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Was he lacerated at the hospital?

Just kidding!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Dang, not really a freak accident, but darned unfortunate.

I guess a fellow has to be aware of his surroundings. Know what's where.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Hanzerik
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hanzerik »

Wow, think of the odds of something hitting just right to set a round off.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I guess "lacerated and treated" is right up there with "BATFE finds firearms at gunshop". LOL

Once upon a time a nearly NEW McCormic 1911 mag did a high speed ejection of it's floor plate, spring and follower. The welds all let loose.

Of course, the 1911 unloaded itself and the slide locked open...6 rounds skittered all over the floor. Took me by total suprise. My first reaction was to check for warm and wet spots... I was convinced the pistol blew up for a few seconds.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'd say he's got all his bad luck out of the way, it's time to go buy a lottery ticket.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have heard of ejected brass being bounced down into the open box of cartridges and hitting a primer to cause a similar accident. I think that I have only heard of it happening once, but the times it was repeated might be one incident or a couple. Hope the fellow is ok in this incident, that is pretty unfortunate.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

File this in "For What it's Worth". I was a pilot assigned to a combat unit sent to Desert Storm. We were given .38 Spcl hanguns and then, eventually bullets too. we were told to NOT load our pistols and simply carry the 10 rounds of 38SPCL(they gave us) around, "just in case". Long story short... I loaded mine (I'm not as dumb as I look!) and when a round fired in a strange circumstance.... It was NOT in my pistol.

It was found, however, to be in my "carried" rounds and blew a BIG hole clear through my flight suit's leg. The war started the next day. I was more than happy to answer all questions about my mishap, and NO ONE ever questioned me again, after I showed them the empty shell case and the bullet that remained.

A weird, but true story!!
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Well, they are made to go bang, just not intended to so do when not hit by a firing pin. Accidents happen sometimes, but they shouldn't be due to negligence. Random accidents like in this thread are hopefully rare.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hanzerik wrote:Wow, think of the odds of something hitting just right to set a round off.
Agreed. Time to play the lottery!