Browning 92 in .44 magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Browning 92 in .44 magnum

Post by Stan in SC »

I think I know the answer but wanted the collective opinions of the enabler group here.A friend of mine wants to get rid of his Browning 92 in .44 magnum for financial reasons.He has had the gun for 15 plus years and it is in 95% condition.His price to me is $500.I'm sure this is a good price and I see them on Gunbroker for $600 plus.I searched the classifieds here and didn't see any listed.What do these go for?I'm not gonna haggle his price as he is a good friend but I don't have to buy it from him.
Incidentally I did drool appropriately over it when I saw it.Thanks.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
medicdave
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Browning 92 in .44 magnum

Post by medicdave »

Thats a very good price, from what I've seen. If you don't want it, let me know and I'll get it...Dave
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'd jump all over that.
Old Law Dawg
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Nah man, don't fall for it. Offer $50 and send him my contact info.....,

Grizz
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Stan,

If you can afford it, then you should buy it. I paid $349.00, out-the-door, for mine, circa early 2005, and I was glad to pay it. ...and my B92 was obviously used, but pristine on the inside. I do not regret buying it.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Even in this economy, that's very, very good. Usually $650-800, even more if truly NIB. They're very seldom in bad shape. Yours is about the going rate with tax or shpg/FFL on a new Rossi carbine with the safety junk--still a nice gun but not comparable--and they ain't making the B-92 any more. Jump on it or as others have stated, we will!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Stan,

With a price like that you should be regaling us with the story of your newest purchase, instead of asking us if you should buy it.

Buy it. That's good price for a great rifle.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Like others have said... buy it.

Take a look at what the Marlin and Win 94 44mags are going for as a reference.

I've got 3 win94s and 2 marlin 44mags. To me the Browning is twice the gun at a lower price than I'd sell any of mine for.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.