OT- Vaquaro in 32-20

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Vaquaro in 32-20

Post by BenT »

Local candy store has a stainles Ruger with 32 H&r and 32-20 cylinder. Just wondering if any of you shoot a 32-20 in a six gun and any comments on it. I have a single six in 32hr that I like a lot. Mainly because of it's size. It's a very tempting gun ,but am not sure why I need one.(Besides that it would be cowboy cool with my marlin in 32-20.)
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT- Vaquaro in 32-20

Post by 2X22 »

BenT wrote:but am not sure why I need one.(Besides that it would be cowboy cool with my marlin in 32-20.)
Good enough for me! :mrgreen:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hybridize the mild recoil and noise of a .38 Special and the light, fast bullet of a .30 Carbine, and that's kind of my impression of a .32-20 out of a MODERN gun.

If you already have one, and have to go through all the horrible pain and hassle of having brass, dies, etc., and reloading all that ammo, do yourself a favor, and ease your pain by at least having another .32-20 you can be feeding for your labors... :? :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2X22 wrote:
BenT wrote:but am not sure why I need one.(Besides that it would be cowboy cool with my marlin in 32-20.)
Good enough for me! :mrgreen:

2x22
+1 If you already have a lever in .32-20, this would be a great companion!!! :D
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Don't know about the Rugers but a 32-20 is a Colt model P is one heavy son of a gun.
Shoots real well, but has a terribly sharp muzzle blast.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I've shot my friend's and recoil is negligible--even the heaviest loads (he had on hand, which were fairly warm)... as you might expect from a small bore'd large frame Vaquero. The downside, yes a very heavy gun with seven small holes--a lot of steel left--fore and aft.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

The downside, is the weight. If I don't carry the gun I won't shoot it much. But it would look good at a BBQ! :D
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

BenT wrote: it would look good at a BBQ! :D
:D WEll unless you were wearing a loose belt and thru the course of the day a severe case of being knarly and wearing "sags" or plumbers butt developed. :mrgreen: :lol:
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

The 32-20 is a super fun round to shoot . It can be loaded to 3 different power level like the 45LC .

Image..Image
Image......Image
Tumbleweeds II
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tumbleweeds II »

Ben, I have been shooting a Colt Army Special in .32-20 for several years, and just love it. In period pistol ammo (115 grains at 1200 fps in a rifle, somewhat slower in a pistol) it kicks like a .22 and hits like the original .38 special. This six gun is double action and has a 6" skinny barrel (think old-time cop gun) and it is neither heavy nor awkward.

If you buy a Ruger BH, you are getting a much heavier pistol. Even a Colt SAA or clone is a heavier frame than the Army Special, which is equivalent to a S&W K-frame. So, if you go the Ruger route, you might want to try for a short barrel. One way to do this without chopping a collector gun is to buy a .30 Carbine BH, have it rechambered to .32-20, and bob the barrel at the front of the ejector rod housing. Factory .32-20 loads will swage right down to the .308 bore, and you can load it really hot if you want.

Cimarron imports a cute little 4/5 size SAA in .32-20 and .38 special for the cowgirl market that would make a heck of a neat SA belly gun, especially with the birdhead grip. I would have to open the trigger guard to shoot it tho, my hands are too big.
Formerly known as "Tumbleweeds"
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Well I had to pass on this gun, because I was afraid my wife would shoot me with it when she found out. :D So I did the next best thing ,mentioned it to my buudy and he bought it. So now I get the chance to shoot it every once in a while. :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BenT wrote:So I did the next best thing ,mentioned it to my buudy and he bought it. So now I get the chance to shoot it every once in a while. :D
8)
Been There and Done That - from both ends... :lol: :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "