OT--Finally Got Some Snow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT--Finally Got Some Snow

Post by Sixgun »

Fellow Shootists (regular shootists :D ) & Guncranks,
I envy you Western boys who always seem to have plenty of snow. Here, in SE Pa, we usually get 2-6" and it melts a day later, nothing like the old days. (I know, Al Gore is right :lol: )

Anyway, we have 14" on the ground now with another 6" on the way. The Kubota is finally getting a work out.----------Sixgun

Earlier in the day with about 6".

Nighttime with about 10"--Nosey dog :D (I told my wife NOT to use the flash--she's Italian :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--Finally Got Some Snow

Post by Rusty »

My wife was lookin at he weather reports today and saying that she thought this was shaping up to be like the winter of '76. She was living in her native WV then and they had what seemed to be tunnels through the snow where the roads were in places. they had to bring in endloaders and dump trucks to move the snow out of the way so the plows could have a place to push it.

Good Luck and God Bless,
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

Good old fashioned Nor'easter eh? We're probably end up with less than six inches in Centre County. It looks like a white Christmas is a lock for you. ;-) Have fun Kubota'ing.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I like snow until it comes time to shovel it, plow it, and drive in it with those that don't know how to drive in it. Great pictures though Jack. Nice tractor. Maybe the wife isn't too good at taking pictures but being Italian, I'll bet she can cook.

HOW IS CYNTHIA???? Thinking of her and her family which of course includes you you old fanny burp.
ED
Yer never too old
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

What PA. county you in sixgun?
If I remember right, you are just a little north of
Mike J., Joyce & myself. Looks like we topped out at
about 18". :)
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

You guys got hammered. On the bright side, you'll likely have a White Christmas.

We got about 4" here in Elk Co, on the high Allegheny Plateau in the infamous area "north of I-80" that USUALLY gets hammered.

Can't really say I envy you. I shovel my driveway and those of two elderly neighbors and by late March I'm glad to see spring come.

Continued prayers for the D-i-L and family.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

casastahle wrote:What PA. county you in sixgun?
If I remember right, you are just a little north of
Mike J., Joyce & myself. Looks like we topped out at
about 18". :)
Okay I was a little off on my measurement guesstimation.
Got a 13" mesurment, I think there was more than that
yesterday, it settled overnight.

O yea, Miss Joyce mumbled something about guys and measurement capabilities. :D
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

We got at least 20" of snow (measured at my place) so far, by this morning, here in Southern New England - with about 4-5 hours of snowfall remaining, although it's seemed to have slowed from the overnight rate.

Some of the drifts are pretty decent, though.

Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

You guys with tractors need to buy a snowthrower for your 3pt. Ever since I bought mine, I have been only able to use it once on a 12" snow. Doesn't seem to want to snow here now. Mother Nature must have seen it in the pasture and felt insulted. Not worth it for the small 6" snows.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Modoc ED wrote: Maybe the wife isn't too good at taking pictures but being Italian, I'll bet she can cook.
HOW IS CYNTHIA???? Thinking of her and her family which of course includes you you old fanny burp.
Howdy ed,
Your right--the wife can cook. :D but..............................being Italian, she also knows how to argue. :lol:

Cynthia is holding her own. She had one operation and will be undergoing chemo in the very near future. She's lost some weight. Mostly , we are taking this one day at a time. I'll have an update post soon. Thanks for thinking of her!-------------jack

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Yeah, here in N. Virginia (Loudoun), we got more than two feet of snow. Glad it stopped around 10pm last night, rather than going until Sunday morning as they originally had said.

My dog loves it though!!

"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Noah Zark wrote:
Continued prayers for the D-i-L and family.
Noah
Thanks Rick--I'll have post on Cynthia in the near future.

Yea, guys, they call it a Nor'easter. Spent my weekend playing in the snow. I plowed 6 different driveways (most all 100 yards long) out for my good neighbors. Kind of like a payback because they never complain about me shooting the occasional shot. :wink: I left one because she's my sister-in-law and sues everyone she can, even family. I was afraid of scraping her driveway and the next thing 'ya know, I would get a call from her lawyer saying she wants a full resurface. Let her wallow in her own misery.

Casastahle,
Delaware County. About 5 miles from the De. state line. We got an official 22.5" in Philly, but I believe we got about 16 here.

Thunder--yea, I thought about a snow blower for the Kubota but these big snows are few and far between. The bucket works great as it has a float on it and the bucket rides the contour of the ground.
I've never seen the kind that fits on the 3 point hitch, just the front mounted jobs.
I do have a self propelled 10 horse Toro for the small jobs. That baby shoots the snow 20 feet. :D

Alnitak---thats a fine looking groomed dog you have there. :D

RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Ya'll are making me shiver just looking at the pictures. If we ever got anything like that it would be a major disaster. Heck, it would take all day to dig the dogs out from under the porch :D .
Ricky

DWWC
jerry b
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jerry b »

Ahhhh, so you got snow? Gee, up here in Bradford Co, we got some cloudiness. :D

It's all how you look at it. Some folks don't like snow. I wouldn't mind some more on the ground. It's what winter's all about.

My Kubota is idle....but ready. Bring it on.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Hey Sixgun, which Kubota do you have? I bought the B3030 and call it Chester.....the only 30-30 I know is Winchester hence the name! I bought the front mounted snow blower, easy to change around from bucket to blower, and easier on me to drive forward than in reverse. I also lived in Colmar and Lansdale for a few years, used to go to a gun shop on rt 309 can't remember the name now...that was in 76 to about 86.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

dkmlever wrote:Hey Sixgun, which Kubota do you have? I bought the B3030 and call it Chester.....the only 30-30 I know is Winchester hence the name! I bought the front mounted snow blower, easy to change around from bucket to blower, and easier on me to drive forward than in reverse. I also lived in Colmar and Lansdale for a few years, used to go to a gun shop on rt 309 can't remember the name now...that was in 76 to about 86.

My Kubota is the 7800, which is the same as yours but yours has a few more bells and whistles. That 4 cylinder diesel is quite a powerhouse. Tell me about the front mounted snow thrower. It has me thinkin' as I'm at the age where I sometimes need new toys to "keep the excitement up" :D Does it have hydraulics? price?
The gunshop on 309-----Don's?

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Sixgun wrote:Alnitak---thats a fine looking groomed dog you have there. :D
Thanks, but no grooming for that look. That's her winter coat. I only brush her in the spring when her undercoat drops. Beyond that, and nail trim, nothing else. All three of my huskies have been like that.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail