EMF 92 Question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

EMF 92 Question

Post by 505stevec »

How do these compare in workmanship and quality to Rossi or others? I have seen them
on GB. they look nive but... thanks for any responce
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Re: EMF 92 Question

Post by Warhawk »

The EMF Hartford is made by Rossi, EMF is the importer.

I have one in 357, an LSI imported Rossi in .44, and a Braztech import in 357. The EMF is the nicest of the bunch, by quite a bit. might be just a fluke who knows. The EMF has the nicest wood, and by far the smoothest action.
fatoldfool
Levergunner 2.0

Post by fatoldfool »

My Hartford .45 is a bit nicer than my Rossi .357 with the safety if that means anything and it had a better rear sight.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
I like that quote.

I only have had one "EMF" but it was smooth and well-made. The wood on my particular one wasn't great. Smoothness may have been partly that it was well-used before I ever laid hands on it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

The EMFs I've seen in person have had better wood and nicer sights than my two Rossis, however, I replaced my sights with Marbles and oil rubbed the wood on them and now they are every bit as nice as the EMFs, but at a lower price.

The action smoothness were roughly the same between the EMF and Rossi. By that I mean that even though the EMF's was a bit smoother, if I were to get one I'd do an action job on it too. Also, I'm pretty sure that they have the plastic follower and the safety so the parts I'd buy for the action / trigger job are the same too.

I enjoy working on firearms, have been doing it for almost 50 yrs and I prefer starting with the Rossi so I could do the action job, trigger job, install the sights I wanted, and bring out the grain of the wood and get the satisfaction of doing the job myself.

Also, saving some money along the way ain't bad either.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

If you are considering a purchase then I highly (to be very repetative...) recommend one from Bud's Gun Shop where they are on sale from $365 delivered. You read that right. Rossi Pumas - only certain models - deluxe ones... run don't walk.

IMHO

No contest.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!