33 WCF with IMR 4198

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
33wcfshooter
Levergunner 1.0

33 WCF with IMR 4198

Post by 33wcfshooter »

How does IMR 4198 do in the 33 wcf '86's ? I know some of you have mentioned using it with both lead and jacketed and it also seems to be one of the most recommended powders for the 33 at loaddata.com.What loads have worked the best for you? Do you think it's a good powder for the older '86's?
Thanks in advance for any information.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 33 WCF with IMR 4198

Post by El Chivo »

I don't have an answer for your question, but I'm pretty sure the H version is all that's available now.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 33 WCF with IMR 4198

Post by 2ndovc »

I have used both IMR-4198 and Varget for my .33WCF with good results. Exact weight I can't rmember off the top of my head.

One thing I found with my '86 is that if I try to push it too hard accuracy goes to pot very quickly.

I'm sure MikeD and Sixgun will be along with their favorite .33 loads.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"