New Winchester 94 Book

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

New Winchester 94 Book

Post by Modoc ED »

I just ordered the new book "Winchester 94: A Century of Cratsmanship" by Robert C. Renneberg. I ordered the book from http://www.amazon.com and it will be released in early December and shipped at that time. The current pre-release price for the book is $23.09.

Renneberg's first book, "The Winchester Model 94, The First 100 Years" has been out of print for some time. Many have wondered why Renneberg has not re-released this book and the answer is now pretty obvious as he has probably had the second (new) book in the works for some time. I've seen copies of this book ("The Winchester Model 94, The First 100 Years") for sale on the used book market for as high as $900.00 +

Mike D referenced a new spiral bound book on Winchesters as an investment that might be worth looking into too. How about it Mike. You've seen or have a copy of that book. Is it worth buying?
ED
Yer never too old
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: New Winchester 94 Book

Post by Mike D. »

I have Bob's book coming, too, Ed. Yes, Bert and Larry's little book is worth the 25 bucks. it is more of a compilation of values over the years, from the cost when new to this year's value according to percent of condition. I picked up a copy yesterday. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Mike D. wrote:I have Bob's book coming, too, Ed. Yes, Bert and Larry's little book is worth the 25 bucks. it is more of a compilation of values over the years, from the cost when new to this year's value according to percent of condition. I picked up a copy yesterday. :D
Where, how, title, author's full names?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Hobie wrote:
Mike D. wrote:I have Bob's book coming, too, Ed. Yes, Bert and Larry's little book is worth the 25 bucks. it is more of a compilation of values over the years, from the cost when new to this year's value according to percent of condition. I picked up a copy yesterday. :D
As to the book Mike is talking about, the info you want is in this link toward the end of the first page.

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=22275
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thanks Ed, I've now sent the e-mail.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Hobie -

Have you ordered the new Renneberg book too?
ED
Yer never too old
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Hobie wrote:
I posted the contact info this AM on the 1894 Sporting Rifle thread, Hobie. Did you miss it? :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Bump to page 1 for the Sunday crowd.
ED
Yer never too old
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edwardyoung »

Thanks. I just ordered myself a copy. I ordered a $9 copy of Sarah Palin's book while I was there, too. It got me over the $25, free-shipping threshold.

Ironically, I just traded into a 1958-vintage Win94 to go along with my 1938 model, last weekend. I've been studying the differences between the two.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

notice that the "Century of Craftsmanship" ended 15 years ago...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I ordered the book. Thought I posted here but, apparently, the post disappeared! :shock: :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

Thanks for the info. Now I can tell the wife what I want for Christmas! :mrgreen:
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

I have the first one, hopefully he does a better job on his second. I has serious issues with some of the guns in his first.

Mike
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ab4ka »

any idea when this will ship? I'd like to order one but I'm just curious as to when I'd see it.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

ab4ka wrote:any idea when this will ship? I'd like to order one but I'm just curious as to when I'd see it.
Around 16 - 18 December
ED
Yer never too old
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edwardyoung »

I just got an email from Amazon saying thay my Winchester book had shipped.
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Yep. I just received a notice from Amaon that the book has shipped also.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

I'm doing real well this year, my wife bought me John Taffin's Book of the .44 for my birthday and she has ordered this one for me for Christmas :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Had an e-mail from Amazon this morning that my copy had shipped. Cool.

Woke up to a gump-stump load of snow this morning. Not so cool.
ED
Yer never too old
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edwardyoung »

Got my copy today. Groovy