Blackhawk fans

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
flounderjig
Levergunner 1.0

Blackhawk fans

Post by flounderjig »

Any thoughts on the old style "new model" vs the New Model flattop? all opinions considered. I have owned both and am contempating picking up a used old style new model.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Blackhawk fans

Post by ndcowboy »

I picked up a New Flattop .44 special about 2 weeks ago. I love the thing. Much smaller than my Vaqueros in 44 mag. As a matter of fact, I like the flattop so much, I'm really thinking about selling my 44 mags.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have an OM .41 Mag with XR3-RED, a New Vaquero and 2 of the Lipsey's .44 Spec FTs. I like them all. I think the Lipsey's guns are particularly well fit and finished compared to some of the last 5-6 years BH production prior to the 50th Anniversary FTs. It seems to me that Ruger has stepped up quality a bit on the BHs.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I love my original (1956) flattop. Just never could make myself appreciate anything made after 1973. I know they are excellent guns, but they just don't "sound" or "feel" right to me!
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

I have an even 1/2 dozen original .44 flattops and while I've handled the Lipsey's and 50th Anniversary models, I am unsure whether I'll buy any of them. The Lipsey 44 specials are very nice though..... :wink:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

They are all great IMHO. I currently have a ss 44 mag 5 1/2", ss hunter 7 1/2" 44 mag and a Lipsey 44 Special 4 3/4".

I do have to say that the flat top configuration is especially appealing to me though. My 44 Special is really something.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
pdawg.shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdawg.shooter »

Hobie wrote:I have an OM .41 Mag with XR3-RED, a New Vaquero and 2 of the Lipsey's .44 Spec FTs. I like them all. I think the Lipsey's guns are particularly well fit and finished compared to some of the last 5-6 years BH production prior to the 50th Anniversary FTs. It seems to me that Ruger has stepped up quality a bit on the BHs.
Any change Ruger has made on QC would have to be up. When I was a dealer I hated to sell a Ruger, they had the highest return rate of any firearm I sold.