OT - Remington Model 700 EtronX

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Remington Model 700 EtronX

Post by cshold »

Hummm!! Though not in any hurry to run out and get one,
interesting anyway. :roll:

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... etronX.asp
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Remington Model 700 EtronX

Post by RKrodle »

I didn't know they were still making that rifle. I remember when it came out a few years ago, but can't remember about the reviews. Might be hard to reload for unless you could get the E-primers.
Ricky

DWWC
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

RKrodle wrote:Might be hard to reload for unless you could get the E-primers.
Well, you won't have trouble finding those primers anyway. They're in-stock everywhere and well over $100 per thousand. :shock:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
RKrodle wrote:Might be hard to reload for unless you could get the E-primers.
Well, you won't have trouble finding those primers anyway. They're in-stock everywhere and well over $100 per thousand. :shock:
Oh, about the same price as regular primers but you can actually find them :lol: .
Ricky

DWWC
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I'm a bit surprised they're still making them too. I recall reading an article in Rifle when they came out. I wasn't impressed with it then and there's certainly no way I'd have one now. Especially considering the cost of the primers.
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Post by afish4570 »

Powder Valley lists them as in stock at $154.00/1000......just about the only thing available too. At .154 cents apiece plus hazmat you can see where the shooting sports are headed.....Looks like the intent is to make shooting so expensive nobody can affort to shoot. New shooters have a lot of hurtles to jump......afish4570
afish4570
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

afish4570 wrote:Powder Valley lists them as in stock at $154.00/1000......just about the only thing available too. At .154 cents apiece plus hazmat you can see where the shooting sports are headed.....Looks like the intent is to make shooting so expensive nobody can affort to shoot. New shooters have a lot of hurtles to jump......afish4570
A++ Agree with you on that. :(
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Does anyone remember the case-less rounds that were being experimented with in the late 80's early 90's. What ever became of that idea?

Ed