Logging in

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Logging in

Post by Mike D. »

I know that this nothing new, but following the recent upgrade to this site I find that I must log in at each visit, no matter if I am away for 5 minutes or 5 hours. It's a small thing, but frustrating, nonetheless. My controls claim that I have "cookies" set to automatically log me in when I open this page, but that is not the case. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Logging in

Post by J Miller »

Mike,

I put this forums URL into my OK to leave cookies box and just never log out.
Once in a while I'll come on the forum and have to log back in, but that's something on the forum, not my box.

I'm on Firefox and don't have a whole lot of trouble. I suspect somewhere there is a setting you need to change. Something that's automatically logging you out.

Not being overly computer literate I'm sorry I can't help more.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mike,

I'm on IE8 and very seldom have to log in. Usually it's after a period where my computer is shut off. If I leave it in "standby", and fire it back up, I'm still logged in. Sometimes, all I do is open the site from my "Favorites" list and it logs me in automatically.

All that "cookie" stuff is above my paygrade.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

(sigh)

Just checking...is your ISP (internet service provider) WildBlue satellite?
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have the latest Firefox update. My preferences say that Leverguns is supposed to remain logged in until I log out. No matter, it isn't working at this time.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

...don't even get ME started...!

:lol: :roll: :? :evil:

System logs me out as many as a couple dozen times per session...

I complain some, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't suppose it is a really big deal, other than I hope the feedback can help others solve log-out issues.

Today I saw a woman whose 19 year-old grandson just died :cry: , a year after his dad/her son died :cry: :cry: , a man whose wife is getting Altzheimer's :cry: :cry: :cry: , and a woman who grew up with a step-dad trying to impregnate her - with mom's consent. :cry: :evil: After days like that, there's just no way to get "upset" about having to log in repeatedly.

Of course it won't stop me from COMPLAINING about it... :? :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
264 Win Mag
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 264 Win Mag »

Mike D. wrote:I have the latest Firefox update. My preferences say that Leverguns is supposed to remain logged in until I log out. No matter, it isn't working at this time.
Mike D I feel your pain. Mine started logging me out as soon as I got the latest Firefox update. Used to keep me logged in all the time but now its all my forums. I am studying computer networking and asked my class and after I followed all their suggestions it still logs me out when I leave the site.

Thomas
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Mike, me too. I am usually always on but once I sign out of MSN, I have to resign on to Leverguns and Hunt101. Oh well, after I read Doc's post, these things don't bother me much.---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Try clearing your browsers history and cookies. If you're accessing the forum from a shortcut try deleting it and adding a new shortcut then signing back in.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"