OT--Bad Omen?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT--Bad Omen?

Post by Sixgun »

I do not like this. Its the closest to the house I have seen buzzards in over 30 years. I took the pic from the front door. Nothin' dead out there. I'm only 53. Will someone humor me........please----------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Yea, though I walk through the valley.......
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

I double-dog dare you to put on a black full-lentgh cloak and skull mask, grab a scythe and hang out with them.

See if the neighbors mind.

Ha ha...
I don't know why they gather without something being dead, maybe it's just a social thing.

Try a Death scarecrow!

Black cloak, scythe, skull mask.
Take pictures!
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

Sometimes, at work, when we are operating some of our more decrepit soil testing drill rigs, vultures will circle. I don't know why, but it seems they can see or smell old equipment miles away. Maybe these is an old jalopy near by, getting ready to break down, and take its final ride to the salvage yard.

Sean
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'll tell you the same thing I told one of our mail carriers years ago. she had a buzzard come through her windshield while she was delivering her route. She called on the phone to see what she should do.

The first thing you should do is start moving a little faster they might be confused.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Ten of them; you're doomed!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ummmm..........Don't buy any green bananas???

BTW, I hope you have a riding mower, or that beautiful lawn could be the death of ya :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hmmm.... just what is under that brown spot in the lawn? :lol: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

OK guys, I feel much better now. After those nasty buzzards left, I did a walk around. I did find some scattered chicken bones but they looked like they were there since last summer, so.....I'm absolutely 100% satisfied they saw those old toothpick sized bones from a quarter mile up. Yep, I'm gonna live---they not waiting for me. Whew! I was worried there for a moment.-----------Thanks! :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Seems to me the perfect opportunity to test a few Super Colibri rounds to their heads. The rest would then have something to eat! :wink:
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

They taste just like chicken. :D

Really... nasty... chicken. :wink:
Slow is just slow.
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

Griff wrote:Hmmm.... just what is under that brown spot in the lawn? :lol: :twisted:
I was just thinking, maybe they've turned vegetarian? :lol:
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Really, REALLY nasty chicken :(

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

That's just creepy as hell.

I was riding colts for a family friend once, and since their place was right down in a hollow where the creek barely moves, it was just humid as hell there, so I'd go over there about daylight, to beat the heat, since it was the hot part of summer. There was an old graveyard right across the road, and EVERY morning, there'd be buzzards sitting on the tombstones. I never could get used to that.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms....."

:) :wink: Put that bacon down Sixgun!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

I would consider them as targets of opportunity, legal or not!!! There will be a lot less to come back!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

We occasionally have them around in groups, and one time I went back to the place they were hanging out and just lay down. After maybe 30 minutes, they started soaring (they had been mostly sitting in a dead tree with one sometimes fluttering around some). Two or three came my way, and I was just curious as to whether they'd get very close (I'd just read "Follow the River" by James Thom in which a crazy old lady does this and grabs one by hand for dinner). They only got maybe 14-15 ft. before soaring elsewhere, but that close, you can HEAR the wind blowing through their feathers. Kind of cool/creepy.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Be careful about spooking buzzards. They keep food (rotten) in their gullet to let it digest. When they're attacked, they barf it up, it it smells HORRIBLE! My uncle spooked one in his barn, and he ended up not using that barn for months, the smell was so bad.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Mr. Morgan,

Thank you sir, now I'm putting my bacon down. :? :? :? :wink: :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

It'd just be gross if you caught one. I'd hate to see you choke your buzzard until it barfs on your hand. It'd take more than an old sock to clean that one up! :wink:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer