OT- "New" shotgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

OT- "New" shotgun

Post by Mike D. »

Admittedly, I have a weakness for nice shotguns that is every bit as strong as that for Winchester levers. How's that sound? A "strong" weakness? :lol: Anyway, this sweet Model 12 3" Duck arrived yesterday from, of all places, Cabela's. It is a 1961 manufactured gun and is every bit as nice as the seller advertised. I can't wait to see how the full choke patterns No 4 steel shot. Contrary to what everyone claims, steel shot has no effect on these guns, as the shot is copper plated and surrounded by a shot tube. The only guns that are problematic with larger steel are the thin barreled Browning Superposed. I use 4s for all of my duck shooting, mostly because I only shoot when they are in absolute killing range. Here's a pic of the gun, taken quickly this morning. I'm headin' to the ranch for the last deer weekend and will return on Sunday afternoon. :D Image
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- "New" shotgun

Post by Nath »

What a great find and good luck hunting :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I absolutely love those fine old shotguns myself just as much!
That is a awesome looking Model 12. For a 1961 :o Thing looks new.
What a nice find guy! :mrgreen:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep, they ARE very nice, indeed !

One of my very favorites is it's petite .410 stablemate, the Model 42 - and in particular, the Browning/Miroku clone.

Ya jes GOTTA luv that takedown system !

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

My dad had a Win. model 12 and that's what I grew up using. I'd love to have it, but alas, it was stolen. Some day I'd like to find one in good shape and at a decent price.
Old Law Dawg
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Shot gun Mike D. has a nice ring. Have Fun, 1886.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats! 8) 8) 8)
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I drove back, deerless again, this morning. None of us saw any of the "big boys" that we were looking for, so not a shot was fired. We saw the bruisers, it's just that they were out of reasonable range and just would not stand for a stalk. One of the neighbors, a hunter who won't shoot anything less than a high wide 4X4, also came up empty. At least that was up 'til last night. I don't know what he might have done today. I didn't go out this morning, but 2 guys went out after the buck we saw last night, but I haven't received a report.

That Model 12 was very reasonably priced, at $550. We settled for that amount sent 2 day delivery by UPS. The gorillas failed to break the well packaged gun, too. I think that they are actually being more careful, finally. I'll see what it does on the 30 circle at 40 yds. If the results aren't good enough, I might have it opened to modified, the perfect diameter for steel. I won't wast money on Bizmuth, or tungston. Heck, at 3 bucks a pop, it just ain't worth it. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mike,you guys are hunting like true sportsmen waiting for a nice one and not just shooting almost anything walking also not shooting beyond what you feel is right! That price on your Model 12 was very good! See ya!
DadsMod12
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DadsMod12 »

Congrats on a great gun. It looks to be in a little better shape then my Dad's 1947 model 12. Enjoy!