OT-Got another holster in the mail today, Tom Threepersons.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT-Got another holster in the mail today, Tom Threepersons.

Post by rangerider7 »

This holster comes from LOBO GUN LEATHER. Ray Cory is the maker from Pueblo, Colorado. He is the only one I know of that copies Tom Threepersons original design as well as the original tooling. I got it so I could wear my Colt SAA 4 3/4 with this belt. I may have to put a hammer thong on it because it is a little loose. He did a great job and is very accommodating. I thought y'all might want to see it.

"That'll Be The Day"
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT-Got another holster in the mail today, Tom Threepersons.

Post by Pathfinder09 »

Very nice. I've got a couple of Tom Threeperson holsters from El Paso Saddlery. They do great work, great holsters.
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

Niceeeee, I am waiting for my new holster for the old Ball and cap. It is a Slimjim all leather same color as your.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

These posts now need "drool warnings"! :mrgreen:
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Nice Bar-B-Q rig. very sweet.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

Just happen to have my copy of Doc O'Meara's "Guns of the Gunfighters" in front of me and it has some nice pictures of the original and a picture of Tom too. If you carry the rig hunting you will need a string on it. That's a real good copy from what I see and should make a good all round rig.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

KSO, I have already put a hammer throng on it. I like it to be secure when I take it outdoors.
"That'll Be The Day"
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Very nice rig.
ED
Yer never too old
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

rangerider7, we will give you a big that a boy if you starting working from your feet and wraprd all your belt/holsters around you working your way up. :shock:
No--Forget it you need more people and thats if each person was wraped in them to the hilt.You my friend have a true hobby! (obsesision?? :lol: )
Hey,better than money in the bank, cause you know more about these babies than anyone I know! Nice Stuff.I am sure you will buy more.Boy would I hate to have to saddle soap all your stuff :o
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

Very nice Range, looks the same as the one I had made back in the 60's to carry my 3 1/2 27.

It to came a little lose, and ended up doing the old soak it wet and dry her out thing, doing some lite boning as it went along, it still holds just about as well as new.

Must say you have the LEATHER BUG BAD!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Very nice. Classic and classy :D
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

David, you are right I do like leather. I usually keep the best and sell the rest. I am finding out the old stuff is sky high and the best contemporary leather makers are going to be like contemporary Spur makers, in demand. There products will be going up in value. I use to thank contemporary spurs were not worth any more than what a pair of used modern spurs should sell for. Then Clapper, Cates, Kerry Kelly, butters, Ray Anderson and others starting selling at very high prices because they were the best of that group. I think the same will and has happened with the best of the leather makers. Their rigs are selling for more than what they originally charged because they are artist and the cream always rises to the top. The waiting list gets longer each day for the spur and leather rig contemporary makers.
Last edited by rangerider7 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"That'll Be The Day"
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

Range your right , i drift thru the auction sites for firearms and there are just a couple of dealers in old quality leather{always looking for left hand} and the prices have really amazed me, most notable are the hghly hand carved rigs of past times