HAD TO PUT MY LITTLE GIRL TO SLEEP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

HAD TO PUT MY LITTLE GIRL TO SLEEP

Post by OJ »

RAC - Random Acts of Cuteness

FARPOINT'S FALLON IN CHARGE (AKA OUR LITTLE 200# KATIE GIRL)

JUNE 25, 2004 - JULY 10, 2009 (BONE CANCER)

RIP !!

:cry:
Last edited by OJ on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: HAD TO PUT MY LITTLE GIRL TO SLEEP

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Sorry to hear of your loss...Dogs are a wonderful gift to man....
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Very sad, heal well
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

OJ,

My mom had a little girl Mastiff, her name was Baby.
At 2 years old she died in my arms of an epileptic seizure.
What a sweetheart! What a great friend, and wonderful member of the family!

I know how your heart must be broken, and mine goes out to you today.

I hope you bring a new pup into your life soon. It will help you to heal, though you'll never forget.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Sorry to hear that OJ. We've lost some of our dogs along the way and the comforting factor for us is that we have a small pet cemetery where we bury them.
ED
Yer never too old
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

My thoughts and prayers are with you, OJ. Thanks for posting all those photos in the past. I certainly enjoyed them.

Sincerely,
bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Thanks for the kind words and help, guys. The thing that made this so hard for all of us was the rapidity of progress of her cancer - one day she was running and bossing her 250# litter mate brother around - in less than two weeks she couldn't walk without help. She is being cremated and her ashes will join the eight others that went before her - buried in our back yard. We are all devastated - big bro seems to be doing the best of all of us.

Despite her being "in charge" of him (from the time of birth, I think), he loved her also as she really loved him -

Puppies kissing -

:cry:
Last edited by OJ on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

OJ,
I'm truly sorry to here this sad news. My Black Lab is really starting to show her age and I know it will sooner then later.
Ricky

DWWC
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

OJ, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray the fond memories take over the sadness you are feeling. blessings.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

sleep well, little girl.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

OJ,

I very sorry to hear this.

I always look forward to seeing them in your posts.

jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

I'm truly sorry to hear this. It's evident how important she is/they are to you. May God comfort you.
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OJ,

You have my deepest sympathies. I know the pain you're feeling. Hang in there.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

So sad... :cry:

May time dull the sharpness of your grief.

Regards,

Troy
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Been there, done that and it is not easy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take comfort in the knowledge that you did the right thing even knowing how hard the grief is to bear.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

My condolences. It's tough to lose someone so close and trusting.

Ed
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

OJ,

You have my deepest sympathies. I've been in your position and will be again before many more years. Sometimes only the belief that I will one day be reunited with my four-footed kids it the only think that keeps me going.

God Bless all of you,

Doc

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

It's always a hard time when a man has to say goodbye to his faithful companion. It's been over a year since I and my wife and kids stood in the snow on a bleak December day down by the field and buried the best dog I ever had. I still feel bad about it.
Last edited by KirkD on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It is always hard to lose good friends. Our prayers are with you OJ.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

YES, so sad my friend.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

OJ,
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your "family member" Dogs are family and my prayers go out to you and your family.Big bro will need extra attention for a long time because I am sure she meant the world to him! Take care!
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I am sorry for your loss.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

OJ, I am very sorry to hear of Your loss, Having to say goodbye to a family member is never easy. Our thoughts will be with You friend.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Sorry man. :cry:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
Sincerly,
Dave B
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

I feel your loss especially keenly having just lost a companion a month ago. Baby was a 100 lb. German Shepherd, 12 years old , and she's buried in the back yard she loved so well, to keep eternal vigil over her people. I guess somehow it's in God's great plan to give dogs such different lifespans than humans, but I, for one, believe that there's room for dogs in Heaven. So sorry for your loss.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My sympathies on having to make that decision. It's not an easy one to make, no matter the knowing that it'll be ending their pain, it only begins yours... You take care, remember, maybe now there's room for a new puppy... and puppies are always cutest!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. It's always hard when you lose a faithful friend.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Condolences, OJ.

It's always rough losing a fine companion, animal or otherwise.

Remember the good times.

:wink: :)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

thats a sad day, OJ.

~J
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

I've been there. Never an easy thing to do, but decisions such as those are not in our power to control. My best to you, and our wishes for you for many, many pleasant times of rememberance of those great moments you shared with your "little" girl.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Dang. I am really sorry to hear this OJ... :(
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

I sure appreciate the support here, guys. We showed Mastiffs for years until I retired from doing surgery and it's never any easier - these are wonderful dogs but, unfortunately under normal circumstances (no cancers - only one before some 20 years ago) they have a relatively short life span of 9 - 10 years average - for us at least.

She is being cremated and her remains will be buried in our back yard with the nine now there. The pain is easing for me a little but, I think it is just becoming reality to her big bro now - he follows me everywhere not letting me even get more than a few feet away from him - giving him some support has diverted pain away from us somewhat.

He is a big help to us - as you all have been - thanks again for your support - I'm sure glad I'm a member of a group like this :!:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I so well know how you feel. We had to put our sweet little Cocker, Sophie, to sleep on 28 June, one month shy of her 15th birthday. It was a rough several days afterward, too. Not hearing the click of her nails on the hardwood floor, the snores of her sleeping, or her constant following of us wherever we went made her loss even worse. I wrapped her in her favorite blanket and put her 4' down in the back yard. Keep the memories of the good times with you. :cry:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

So sorry to hear this. I have had to put down a few dogs myself I feel your pain :(
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sorry to hear about your loss. No words can soften the blow. You're in my prayers.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

OJ
Sorry to hear you had to put your dog down. I have lost pets over the years and it is never easy.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
hocbj23
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hocbj23 »

Fellow and his dog are walking down this dusty road when they come upon a beautiful golden gate with some lovely green grass behind it.Fellow is sitting behind the gate reading a book.Guy and dog approach and guy asks if he can come in and rest a bit and get he and his dog some water.Man looks up and says "Sir,u are more than welcome.U can come in and stay as long as u wish,rest, and drink all the water u want.However, ur dog cant come in>"Fellow looks at his dog,looks back at the man and says "Well I guess we will move on".Man says,"Sir,this is heaven.U need to come on in."Guy looks shocked,but he and his dog turn away.

They move on down the dusty road for a long time and then come upon a rusty old iron gate,open and swinging in the breeze.There is lots of green grass as well, and a rather shabby looking guy sitting on the grass reading abook.Fellow and his dog approach and fellow says,"Excuse me sir but my dog and I have travelled a long way together and are very tired and thirsty.Can we come in,rest and get a drink of water?" The man gets up,extends his hand and says"Certainly.u and ur dog come on in.There is plenty of grass and shade for u to rest in,there is a pump with some fresh water over there and u will find a tin pot to draw up some water for ur dog.Stay as long as u like." "thanks" says the fellow. "My dog and I stopped down the road a ways at a place called heaven but the man at the gate said I could come in but my dog couldnt". The shabbily dressed man smiled at the fellow,patted the dog on the head and said,"Yes,I know.We get a lot of business from down there."

As a senior citizen and dog/cat owner for most of my 70 years,I have lost many of my best friends along the way.The people who say pets cant go to heaven should look into the eyes of my current 6 rescued pooches and 7 rescued cats and tell me that to my face.I dont believe they could. My sincere condolences on ur loss and I am sure u will see her again some day.BJ
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

My sincere condolences. No words come to mind, other than I say I can empathize, having lost some dear furpeople myself.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.