Leverguns Rendezvous?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Leverguns Rendezvous?

Post by LeverBar »

One of the threads is turning into a topic on getting together somewhere for a rendezvous of Leverguns members.

Is there enough interest/participants?=I'd predict there is.

Who will volunteer to organize it?
Where, when, duration, what to contribute, what to bring, who supplies the name tags(must have tags! Dang It!), camp spot sign-up, shooting range, grub, ammunition booth (you know you're going to run low!), etc.

So, ? what next?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds like you have all the right ideas and details LeverBar. Looks like you should set this up! :wink:
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

I will help as much as I can. I do need suggestions and someone with a good mind for organizing such an event. Part of my illness is cognitive dysfunction, so you don't really want me to do it all for you--We'd all be gathering on different continents.

We have a SASS association out here in Central Oregon. Those people are really nice from what I've witnessed. Their facility is east of Bend near Millican--out in the high desert, and if they were to be asked, I figure they would likely let us use their place. Plenty of stations for shooting all ranges and different weapons. I think they would allow camping there also.

Redmond is the nearest airport that most people would be flying into--approximately an hour's drive from the SASS range.

We do have a shooting club at Redmond, just off the end of one of the runways. Closer, but not as fancy. They are renovating the facility, so it is a bit rustic at present.

Seems it might be better for folks if the rendezvous were to be more centrally located in the USA.

I suppose other SASS clubs have good facilities also. One of these might help solve the problem of "where." Especially regarding safety/shooting, and maybe a bit closer to the airport.

But, I feel I'm not the one to okay such a gathering.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

How about doing it here in Florida in Feb.? About the time some of y'all could use a break.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I'm speaking prematurely here, but this thread forces it. Several of us are planning one in the northeast, but it's a newborn idea. The details will be worked out in the next month or so.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Would you like us to back off and let you do your magic?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The boys at Sixgunner.com and myself have been doing it for about 7 years or so. The next one comes up in April. As Homefront says, the planning stages for Levergunners from the Northeast corridor are in it's infancy. It will most likely be within 100 miles of Philly. Let the lead fly :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

In the past the get togethers have been mostly regional with some folks like Yance (he likes these things a lot) traveling quite a ways to be there and others (like myself) with overriding responsibilities unable to make it to a place only 2 hours or so distant.

Anyone who wants to do one needs a range for the date, support data as to where attendees can stay and eat, and some way to ID and distinguish participants (mostly for security, there are some opportunistic theives at ranges as has been noted on the forum).

With gas prices as they are (a concern for many) I suggest that organizers look at a place where, with the radius of about 150-200 miles, one can have a number of attendees. Folks along major interstate corridors might have a bit better attendance.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Hobie,

We are thinking along those lines. Hopefully we'll be close enough for you to attend, too.
We're going to try for decent weather (late April, early May?) Again, several of us are getting this ball rolling and will be posting an announcement in the next month or so.
Would you like us to back off and let you do your magic?
Leverbar,

I don't know about magic :shock: , but we'd like to get the gang together for a family friendly and safe shoot. As for backing off, heck no. Anyone who has ideas or suggestions is certainly welcome to pitch in.

More to come!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I'd love to have a get together....
We have had a few small get togethers (3 guys or so) at our local range,
my hunt club, and at gun shows....
But it sure would be nice to meet at a SASS event or something of that
nature... I have a camper and willing travel a ways...
I live in Florida near Daytona! We need to do something like this!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

and .. there is CSA coming up in March in Arkansas for those who are near there. Levergunners are welcome. Contact Tom Richardson (he is on this Forum) for more information.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

I'm in northeast GA, and kind of restricted to drive.

I certainly don't want to fly with guns, just for the hassle, but also because it would cost too much for me.

As I've said, I can put together a medic bag and I'm glad to come along!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Jim don't ya'll meet over around Clarksville,Arkansas? We used to take my grandson there alot for fiddle contest.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

I would be up for a short weekend trip. Truckpool Rhim?

Hey, Scott64A Where you at in NE GA? I have to take the Warden to see her sister in Mt. Airy in or close to March. It would be a treat to hit some gunshops up there.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Sixgun wrote:The boys at Sixgunner.com and myself have been doing it for about 7 years or so. The next one comes up in April.

Pssst... that was last years date.
Slow is just slow.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

JimT wrote:and .. there is CSA coming up in March in Arkansas for those who are near there. Levergunners are welcome. Contact Tom Richardson (he is on this Forum) for more information.

Please allow me to publicly display my vast ignorance again. :oops: What's CSA mean? ( I automatically think Confederate States...)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

SmokeEater2,

I think the CSA stands for Confederate Sixgunners of America. Something like that.

As for me and a Leverguns get together, I'd love it. And I think that I might could make one of the surrounding states with enough planning. Any farther than that and I'm not gonna be able to do it. I'd be driving anyway, I refuse to fly, so the expense would be significant.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

JerryB wrote:Jim don't ya'll meet over around Clarksville,Arkansas? We used to take my grandson there alot for fiddle contest.
Yes .. the CSA is in Clarksville, AR.

Like I said, get in touch with Tom Richardson. There is no charge and even though it is called the "Confederate Sixgunners of America" they actually have rifles, shotguns, cannons, semi-auto handguns and other types of firearms..... AND .. you don't have live in the South to attend. They actually let Yankees come! :lol:

We shoot up old cars, shoot down trees, blow up stuff and generally have a great time. All good folks.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

LeverBar wrote:Would you like us to back off and let you do your magic?
No! Dawg gone it! I like the idea of Central Oregon! It's a lot closer than the East Coast! :wink:
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

cas wrote:
Sixgun wrote:The boys at Sixgunner.com and myself have been doing it for about 7 years or so. The next one comes up in April.

Pssst... that was last years date.
Cas, I'm half Italian
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

JimT wrote:
JerryB wrote:Jim don't ya'll meet over around Clarksville,Arkansas? We used to take my grandson there alot for fiddle contest.
Yes .. the CSA is in Clarksville, AR.

Like I said, get in touch with Tom Richardson. There is no charge and even though it is called the "Confederate Sixgunners of America" they actually have rifles, shotguns, cannons, semi-auto handguns and other types of firearms..... AND .. you don't have live in the South to attend. They actually let Yankees come! :lol:

We shoot up old cars, shoot down trees, blow up stuff and generally have a great time. All good folks.
Since I live in Northwest Arkansas, Clarksville is not that unreasonable for me, I might be interested if work doesn't knock me out of going. Do you have dates set?
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Sixgun wrote: Cas, I'm half Italian
So am I.

So I changed it.
http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/228680.html
Slow is just slow.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

We have a decent concentration of LG'ers in SoCal and Arizona. Maybe something in the Yuma area could bring a bunch of us together. Of course I have no idea where a good place would be, but equidistant from LA, San Diego, high desert, and Phoenix/Tuscon would probably work...maybe more like needles or Quartzite, then Vegas folks oculd join in.
Chad
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

The CSA shoot sounds interesting especially since it's held within 130 miles of here. :D
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I used to belong to a large martial art "ryu" or school. We needed to have conventions or "camps" on both the east and the west coasts. No one location will do it for us either. For those of you already working on an East Coast Leverguns Meet, another team needs to work on a Leverguns West Meet. I think 71 Fan has the right idea, and AZ would work out pretty well. South West Airlines flies very cheap from CA to AZ, and probably from WA or OR too. AZ has some of the nicest shooting ranges in the country, too!

-Tutt
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

There is a gun show this weekend at the Orlando Fairgrounds and
there is a SASS event in Orlando Florida between the 10th and 13th
Anybody going?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

crawdaddyjim wrote:I would be up for a short weekend trip. Truckpool Rhim?

Hey, Scott64A Where you at in NE GA? I have to take the Warden to see her sister in Mt. Airy in or close to March. It would be a treat to hit some gunshops up there.
You'll be right near Yance and Tycer!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson