OT: Now......THESE Are What I Call "Gunmakers" ! ! !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Now......THESE Are What I Call "Gunmakers" ! ! !

Post by Pete44ru »

THese are the Fausti sisters, and they make Fausti shotguns in Marcheno (Brescia) Italy.

They make some fabulous shotguns, seen at: www.faustistefanoarms.com

The ladies' father, Stefano Fausti, started the company in 1948, then trained his daughters in fine guns & gunmaking - as he had no sons to take the company over when he retired.
He has since retired, and they have been running the company.

SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT: Now......THESE Are What I Call "Gunmakers" ! ! !

Post by SJPrice »

I would love to own a Fausti round body SxS. The third sister would be welcome to come along too. :D
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Now if you worked for them,and those three boss beauties came up to you and said frowning will you pretty please come in next Saturday for a little overtime? We REALLY need you and we will come in and bring you some home made cookies :( Please/pretty Please) Could you turn em down?

Ok,where is the Miller Man?/Joe, you said you would NEVER kiss butt.
I said somtimes you have to a little! :mrgreen:
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

I see Tom is a fan...

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Those shot guns look very nice. As do the ladies. The only problem I see is I have no idea which shotgun to choose. Not being an upper crust elite gentleman of means the only shotguns I know about are cheap Winchester pumps. Matter of fact I doubt they'd let me in the showroom as I don't own a $5,000 suit.

Makes me wonder why American shotgun makers abandoned the SxS. I dislike the looks of the stack barrels and most pumps are made as cheap as the makers can get away with.
What a shame.
madman4570 wrote:Now if you worked for them,and those three boss beauties came up to you and said frowning will you pretty please come in next Saturday for a little overtime? We REALLY need you and we will come in and bring you some home made cookies :( Please/pretty Please) Could you turn em down?

Ok,where is the Miller Man?/Joe, you said you would NEVER kiss butt.
I said somtimes you have to a little! :mrgreen:
madman4570,
Please don't take what I say in one thread out of context and use it in a thread about a different subject.
I have no problem with working overtime or helping out the company I work for.
As for home made cookies, they better be chocolate chip.

Notice Tom Selleck's suit; if I had the money it cost I could move out of IL.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Well taken Joe!
I also like the SxS shotgun looks over stacked barrels. The lines just seem so much cleaner.
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Dunno Joe, looks like he cant afford a razor! Seriously, he`s a great guy. I had a deceased girl friend that knew him and managed a big and tall store that he owned the building. Her name was Martine and I noticed he named his girl friend in crossfire trail "Martine". He owns and flys his own helicopter too! Somewhere if I can find it I have a picture of him and her together.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

bogus bill wrote:Dunno Joe, looks like he cant afford a razor! Seriously, he`s a great guy. I had a deceased girl friend that knew him and managed a big and tall store that he owned the building. Her name was Martine and I noticed he named his girl friend in crossfire trail "Martine". He owns and flys his own helicopter too! Somewhere if I can find it I have a picture of him and her together.
"Martine" was the name of his lady love in Monte Walsh.

The Lady in Crossfire Trail was called "Anne."
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

J Miller wrote: Makes me wonder why American shotgun makers abandoned the SxS.
There is one American made SxS that has had me drooling and scheming as to how to come up with the money. I've heard very good reports about it too. It is the RBL 12 made by Connecticut Shotgun. Feast your eyes here http://www.rblshotgun.com/rbl16.htm and on their inventory here http://www.csmcspecials.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=37 . If anyone here is rich, they also make a drop-dead gorgeous A.H. Fox that is so beautiful (see http://www.connecticutshotgun.com/csmc/ ... lbum/.html ) that it just makes me want to weep ..... especially due to the fact that they are so far out of my reach that I see no prospect of ever getting one short of inheriting a massive windfall from unknown sources. These are American made shotguns that rival anything else made anywhere (although I hear that 86er makes some dandy SxS's as well).

Now those Fausti ladies make an impressive SxS .... I've seen their advert in the Double Gun journal to which I subscribe ...... and I subscribe, by the way, because of two things a) the pictures in those journals are probably the closest I'll ever get to those nice guns and b) they got beautiful gun photography in those journals. Unfortunately those Fausti guns might as well be on the moon so far as my chances of ever acquiring one goes. Anyway, I'd take one of those new A.H. Foxes over anything else out there, if I was loaded, that is.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

I WANT ONE! Maybe even pick up one of their shotguns too.

:twisted:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Kirk, those guns are so far out of my league I can't even afford to look at the pictures :o :( :cry: .

What I don't understand is how the utilitarian SxS shotgun evolved into a super expensive status symbol of the elite, rich and famous. The last American SxS I might have been able to afford is the old Savage guns. Now they are long gone and unobtanium.

Oh well.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I just like to look at the pictures ..... kind of like going to the Louvre to admire the art. I don't know why the sxs has become so expensive. I know that fairly cheap used ones, about 100 years old, often show up at the local shooting supplies store that I haunt. Trouble is they are not designed to handle steel shot very well, although there is expensive bismuth stuff out there that is fine to use with those old double barreled shotguns.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

chadbr wrote:I see Tom is a fan...

Always knew Selleck had great taste in guns!!! :D
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Here's a couple American made modern side by side shotguns that make me feel all weak and shakey ....

This one is an A.H. Fox currently available for $28,000 ....
http://www.csmcspecials.com/CSMC_A_H_Fo ... /14448.htm

and here's a less expensive Connecticut Shotgun RBL 28 Ga for a more modest (choke! Cough! :? ) $5,210 (check out the 'additional photos' ...
http://www.csmcspecials.com/product_p/17147.htm
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

KirkD wrote:Here's a couple American made modern side by side shotguns that make me feel all weak and shakey ....

This one is an A.H. Fox currently available for $28,000 ....
http://www.csmcspecials.com/CSMC_A_H_Fo ... /14448.htm

and here's a less expensive Connecticut Shotgun RBL 28 Ga for a more modest (choke! Cough! :? ) $5,210 (check out the 'additional photos' ...
http://www.csmcspecials.com/product_p/17147.htm
Those look more like they should be hanging on the wall in an art museum, than in the field hunting.

Caviar tastes with a tuna fish budget ........ :cry:

Joe
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Caviar tastes with a tuna fish budget ........ :cry:

Joe[/quote]

You can afford tuna fish.....???
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Buck Elliott wrote:Caviar tastes with a tuna fish budget ........ :cry:

Joe

You can afford tuna fish.....???[/quote]
Yeah, but since they took the dolphins out it hasn't been worth eating.

Joe
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

J Miller wrote: Caviar tastes with a tuna fish budget ........ :cry:
That is the story of my life ......