TOTALLY OT!! Pressure washer blues.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

TOTALLY OT!! Pressure washer blues.

Post by jnyork »

My new pressure washer instructions warn me not to use any detergent except those designed specifically for pressure washers. Does anyone know of an auto wash detergent that is pressure washer friendly, auto parts houses and hardware stores here are totally not helpful. Thanks.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Re: TOTALLY OT!! Pressure washer blues.

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Don't know anything about pressure washer detergents, but they seem to make a lot of them.

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/ac ... rgents.php

Google it.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Use nothing strongly alkaline (high pH). High pH detergents that are buffered (pH is lowered by addition of a buffering acid by the manufacturer) will be safe, but they will be marked "buffered" or "pH balanced" or "safe for all metals," etc. Your local Sherwin-Williams store should be able to help.

Read detergent labels; anything marked "Safe for Aluminum" will be OK for your washer, but whatever you use, flush the detergent pickup tube with LOTS of fresh, clean water. Remove the wand nozzle and flush the machine, the hose, and the wand by holding the trigger back for a few minutes.

And NEVER run the washer without a screen on the water intake, and be sure to open the water supply valve BEFORE starting the engine.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

don't forget to wear your raincoat...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

-- good luck man

i have horrible luck with washing cars with my P washer. The suction for the soap sucks 5 bucks of soap out in a matter of minutes, then the suds dry before i get around to the other side to rinse. If you get the super concentrated soap it is better, because then you can load a 5 gallon bucket full of solution and give 'er heck ----- I have a bottle of Super Tech (Wal Mart brand) concentrated car wash soap i have tried in the past

I just use mine for the dirt bikes and tractor and occasional other odd jobs. I also blow mud off my K-5 with it when i have had serious mud problems :lol:
Here's hoping you have better luck with yours than i do with mine when it comes to washing cars :D
----- Doug
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I know that the wrong chemicals used in a PW can ruin it. Believe me, I know.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

I just use truck wash in mine, have been for years and still going strong.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I never did use detergents in mine. The thing is so strong, it blows away everything, including bugs and paint if I hold it too long. Will cut right through blacktop. 2800 with a 9hp Honda engine. After PW, I just wipe with a couple of nice thick towels.--------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD